Analytics Engineer, Marketing Analytics at Peloton
The Marketing Analytics team at Peloton is a full-stack team responsible for data, analytics, and predictive modeling to accelerate and optimize connected fitness membership growth across all marketing channels. The team consists of 3 functional areas: Analytics Engineering, Marketing Science, and Product Marketing Analytics.
Peloton is looking for a talented Analytics Engineer to join our Analytics Engineering team to build and maintain foundational data infrastructure essential to growing and scaling our acquisition marketing efforts. In this role, you will own significant portions of our marketing data from end-to-end, including data ingestion, transformation, and visualization, and design our data architecture to ensure best-in-class operational reliability and modularity.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to understand business context and build data infrastructure that satisfies business needs
- Design, build, and maintain critical data pipelines and dashboards to ensure highly accurate and reliable business reporting
- Monitor daily job execution as well as diagnose/fix issues to ensure SLAs are met with internal stakeholders
- Identify data discrepancies and maintain transparent and up-to-date code to ensure business requirements and ETL logic match
- Make data model and ETL code improvements to improve pipeline efficiency and data quality
- Contribute to our Looker data models by creating and maintaining new and existing Explores/Views
- Own data import/export pipelines
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or a related technical field
- 2-4 years experience in an analytics engineering, business intelligence, or technical data analytics role
- Experience with SQL and ETL optimization techniques, especially within cloud-based data warehouses like Snowflake, BigQuery, and/or Redshift
- Command line experience and familiarity with version control software (git)
- Experience with data pipeline management technologies with dependency checking, such as Airflow, as well as schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Experience with data visualization technologies, such as Looker or Tableau
- Ability to leverage tools, business intuition, and attention to detail for data validation and QA
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when explaining technical or complex matters to less technical co-workers
- A high degree of motivation to be proactive and go above and beyond the task at hand
- Experience with Python, data ingestion tools (such as Fivetran, Stitch, Alooma, or Matillion) and the AWS ecosystem (Redshift, S3, Spectrum)
- Experience in LookML Development
- Experience working with digital media data (such as Facebook, Google, Bing, programmatic) and an understanding of digital marketing measurement concepts (ie. Multi-touch attribution)
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.