Vimeo’s Video Product Team is looking for a hardworking and passionate analytics engineer to join the Video Product Data Science team. The ideal candidate will thrive in a collaborative environment and work towards enabling data driven decisions.
The role will report to the Manager of video product data science and work closely with product, engineering, and other stakeholders to define good analytics practices. This includes data modeling, reporting, and dealing with petabyte scale datasets in an optimal manner.
What you’ll do:
- Work with engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders to understand data reporting needs
- Build and maintain tools and data models that facilitate easy access of metrics and dashboards
- Enforce good governance practices while providing insight and education to other teams
- Manage and maintain very large datasets
- Scale data science models and make them production ready
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 1-3 years of experience in data analytics/data engineering/analytics engineering
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Software Engineering, Machine Learning, Data Science,Operations Research or a similar quantitative discipline
- Experience using SQL, Spark, or other tools to process large datasets
- Experience in exploratory analyses using pandas/R/Spark/statsmodels
- Well versed in good data practices, ETL techniques, data governance practices
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience with columnar data stores like Vertica, Redshift, Snowflake
- Machine learning experience
- Exposure to libraries like Tensorflow, Keras, NLTK, and SciKitLearn
- Familiarity with cloud services like Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services
- Experience in building data visualizations using D3, Dash, or other visualization tools
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs