The BizOps-Data team empowers business teams to use data to create customer value, drive revenue growth & retention, and manage performance. We sit within BizOps (a part of Go-To-Market) and support key growth functions. We also work closely with Engineering and Data Science to build a shared data vision.
The right person for this role is an experienced analytics engineer / senior data analyst with deep technical chops and a strong business sense. They will play an active role scaling Bluecore’s internal data capabilities as the volume and complexity of our data grows and business needs evolve.
As a founding member of the team, you’ll lead the build-out of dbt and business-facing data warehouse. You’ll implement data ops best practices to ensure we’re building for scale and ship reliable, accurate, and timely data. You’ll partner deeply across the org and have a high degree of project ownership. This is the perfect role for a high-output data professional who is excited to drive extraordinary results where business and data meet.
- DWH & transform architecture: expand and own our transformation layer in dbt & BigQuery. Enable analyst users with accurate and accessible data via a logical, intuitive, and documented data mart.
- Improve data quality by bringing a deep understanding of business needs into the transformation process and rigorous software engineering best practices to analytics code.
- Document & build processes to share knowledge from table and column definitions to key transforms logic, workflow schedules, etc.
- Partner with technical stakeholders (Data Science, Product, Engineering) to align on analytics roadmap. Plan for product or schema changes that could impact our analytics model and determine solutions for keeping our data accurate and updated. Surface requests for new data/upstream changes to improve our models.
- Enable business and data science users via datasets that support machine learning applications like product usage forecasts, customer health scoring, etc.
- Maintain data ops best practices including ownership of our git repository and implementation of a code review practice.
- Train and onboard business and analyst users to Looker reporting and to underlying datasets/models, respectively.
- Build occasional reporting in Looker to address key business questions.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the “modern data stack” and related processes/capabilities. Candidate should be an advocate for unlocking value and driving efficiency with these tools/frameworks.
- 1+ year experience owning dbt in a high-growth org required, including deploying capabilities such as utils, packages, tests, snapshots, and incremental tables.
- Excellent SQL skills. 3 years SQL experience required, with regular use of advanced functions in a production environment.
- 1+ years experience designing and scaling a cloud data warehouse (BigQuery preferred) for business intelligence & analytics applications.
- Excellent communication skills and habits. Ability to translate business problems and requirements into data projects (both architecture and analysis/visualization) and communicate results back to non-technical audiences.
- Strong adherence to data ops best practices, including version control (e.g., GitHub), and data testing (dbt).
- Excellent prioritization skills. Strong point of view on where the data org creates leverage, what data assets can drive results, and how to enable users to use those assets.
- 1+ years experience with Looker strongly preferred (LookML, front-end and administration ideal), working knowledge of Airflow, GCP tooling (Dataflow, k8s) and Python a plus.
Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest-growing marketing technology companies.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly discretionary reimbursement towards fitness, home office and/or Learning and Development opportunities
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
Bluecore is a marketing technology company that’s reimagining how the world’s fastest-growing retail brands transform casual shoppers into lifetime customers. Through our patented retail data model and the recent release of Bluecore Communicate™ and Bluecore Site™, we replace manual processes with an intelligent, AI-driven workflow. We are credited with doubling email revenue and increasing customer retention for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora, and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
We are proud of the culture of flexibility, inclusivity and trust that we have built around our workforce. We are a remote first organization with the option to potentially work in our New York headquarters on occasion moving forward. We love the opportunity to come together – but employees will always have the option on where they work best.
At Bluecore we believe in encouraging an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, demonstrate their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences. Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to building a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.