About the Team
The Analytics team is a critical function that supports data-driven decision-making throughout Harry's. The team is the central nervous system of the organization -- we make sure that data flows throughout the company, and everyone has the information they need to make better decisions faster. The analytics team thinks about data and insights from the factory floor in Germany, across our global supply chain, through the marketing we show our customers, to when the customer gets a package at their door. We work in lockstep with our Data Engineering team to deliver great data and insights to the whole Harry’s team.
About the Role
Harry’s is seeking an Analyst Engineer who can partner closely with our Data Engineering, Analytics team, and other cross-functional stakeholders. This person’s role is to create and maintain a robust analytics layer that powers Harry’s business intelligence tools and enables the business to answer questions quickly, consistently, and reliably. Because our business is complex and our data multi-faceted, we need someone who loves to create structure and efficiency, empowering our analytics to scale.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is a builder and who loves to learn -- someone who is excited about scaling data and analytics to push the whole company forward.
Here's what you'll accomplish:
- Build and maintain the analytics layer of our data environment to:
- Build scalable and consistent data models across brands and channels
- Meet analytics quickly-evolving needs
- Handle source data and reporting changes over time
- Refactor and finetune highly expensive or time-consuming queries
- Deliver mission-critical transactional views in a timely fashion
- Interface with cross-functional partners to gather business intelligence requirements
- Do hands-on analysis to scope out process changes, timelines, and feasibility
- Ensure data models are running reliably by following great data practices (e.g., data testing, business logic documentation, etc)
- Partner with Product and Engineering to ensure upstream changes they make consider data as a forethought, and work to integrate changes into our existing data model
- Partner with Finance & Data Engineering to improve our Financial Reporting processes by reducing operational burden and writing scalable and consistent code
- Partner with Analytics to understand how new data will be used, and integrate fields and tables into the existing data model in a performant and extendable manner
- Partner with our Data Engineering team to clean, store, and transform millions of data items
- Own back end modeling, governance and permissioning in our BI tool (Looker)
- Ensure data definitions and business logic are captured and consistently used
Background and Experience:
- 6+ years of experience in a similar role, including business intelligence, data analysis or data engineering
- Advanced SQL skills, with a robust understanding of how relational databases work
- Extensive knowledge of data modeling concepts and development
- Experience with managing data and governance on BI tools (e.g., Looker)
- Experience with ELT/ETL development, patterns and tooling
Extra credit for:
- Experience as a Business Analyst
- Experience with our stack: Redshift/Snowflake, dbt, Looker
- Familiarity with with Python and/or PySpark
- Experience and comfort with software engineering workflows
Values that might describe you:
- You like to solve problems - You push yourself to solve problems in novel, scalable ways so that you are never solving the same problem twice
- You are curious, and a learner - You are always seeking to improve yourself and your team, and you love to learn new things while going deeper in the areas you know
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication and feedback
- You are infectiously optimistic - To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge. Hard things are hard, but you don’t let that get in the way.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.