Analytics Engineer at Peloton
As an Analytics Engineer, you will be responsible for our data pipeline, from consulting with data engineering to understand the flow of data, through our ETL process modeling our data warehouse, to the BI tools that our leaders use to gain insights. You’ll work directly with stakeholders to understand their needs, plan and execute changes to our data models, and evangelize the effective use of that data
- Build Looker data models and modify views / explores to support reporting and analysis
- Incorporate business logic into query building to transform data and build downstream tables for business analysis; setting up and maintaining the jobs to populate these tables
- Enhance data pipelines and dashboards to ensure highly accurate and reliable business reporting; make data model and ETL enhancements to improve pipeline efficiency and data quality
- Identify gaps in data collection and collaborate with product and data engineering on data capture specifications
- Diagnose and fix data discrepancies and maintain transparent code to ensure business requirements and consistent ETL logic
- Work with business partners to define and create reporting dashboards
- Define and align KPIs across multiple functional groups (marketing, retail, operations) and business objectives (acquisition, sales, engagement, retention, digital)
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies and trends in data engineering and analytics to improve our existing technology stack
- 3+ years of full-time work experience as an Analytics Engineer, Data Analyst, Data Engineer or similar
- Highly skilled in SQL, templating languages (such as Jinja), and manipulating multiple data formats (XML, JSON)
- Experience with ETL processes to transform data, set up and schedule jobs (DBT, Python, cron)
- Hands-on experience working with very large datasets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation
- Hands-on experience with data model development and reporting in data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, and familiar with spreadsheet software (Excel, Sheets)
- Understanding of the strengths and limitations of various analytics tools (Google Analytics, Amplitude, etc.) and how those tools can complement our in-house analytics. You should know when not to reinvent the wheel on reports that can be easily created using external tools
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders and technology team
- High level of precision and attention to detail
- Proactive, self-motivated, and can work independently with strong organizational and time management skills
- Have familiarity developing, debugging, and deploying infrastructure within AWS or a similar cloud environment
- Understanding of best practices around marketing, e-commerce and subscription retention KPIs
- Experience with system design (e.g. design schemas and tables in data warehouse)
- Experience in data development in one of the following areas: marketing analytics, customer and subscription data modeling, sales and e-commerce, or mobile apps
- Experience with statistical modeling
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.