At Great Jones, our business runs on data! We’re seeking an Analytics Engineer to help drive business impact by building data foundations that are high-quality, accurate, and accessible. This is a unique time to be joining a fast-growing Analytics organization that is developing a modern data stack, has executive sponsorship, and contributes directly to the company strategy, business growth, and product development.
Projects you may work on include:
- Creating new core data objects or data transformations to make it easier for business users to query and work with data.
- Implementing a data quality validation tool to ensure Great Jones’ data platform delivers accurate insights to quantitative stakeholders throughout the company.
- Building out ETL/ELT workflows and tools to increase the velocity of the Analytics team (and our partners).
- Managing Great Jones’ existing Looker instance and data models.
The ideal Analytics Engineer candidate will be excited to partner with both data analysts/scientists and data engineers in order to build strong data foundations and a best-in-class data platform at Great Jones, and will be experienced in implementing and expanding modern data workflows. If that sounds like you, let’s talk!
- Partner with the Analytics and Data Engineering teams to understand problems-to-be-solved with our current data platform, identify solutions, and deliver high-quality data foundations to data stakeholders across the business.
- Create and own efficient and scalable core data objects and transformations that unify key data assets and streamline analytical workflows.
- Evolve our data platform using a modern data engineering stack, including data warehousing, data workflow platforms, data validation products, and other necessary technologies.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to curate, define, and document company-wide sources of (data) truth.
- 3+ years of experience in data roles (analytics, data science, or data engineering) with a substantial engineering component, working within modern analytics teams in high-growth, high-performance environments. Prior experience in analytics or data science roles where you’ve directly delivered data/insights is a plus.
- Track record of collaborating with other data professionals and technical teams to develop a data platform, including upstream requirements, data model, desired data workflows, SLOs, etc.
- Experience working with multiple data platform components, including reporting tools (Looker, Tableau, Mode, etc.), data transformation systems (Airflow, dbt), cloud data pipelines (e.g., Fivetran, Stitch), and data warehouses (such as Redshift, BigQuery, or Snowflake).
- Comfortable driving multiple stages of data tools project cycle, eg identification of data platform problems-to-be solved, solution evaluation (buy vs. build), proof-of-concept, and final solution implementation.
- Very strong SQL skills and the ability to own data transformations.
- Familiarity with Python or similar languages in a production environment.
- Excellent communication skills (technical and non-technical) and comfort working with high-level stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who takes real ownership and delivers high-quality, ambitious work, and is always looking to improve further.
About Great Jones:
Great Jones brings ease and performance to rental ownership and living, starting by reinventing property management for the several trillion (!) dollars in rental homes owned by small-scale investors.
We’re replacing an experience that has historically been heavily operational, low-tech, and stressful with one delivered through modern software, thoughtful experience design, real benefits of scale, and the right blend of local & centralized operations.
By providing a seamless, full-service experience for owners and residents, we aim to make ownership worry-free and more profitable for the 25 million Americans who own rental homes. In doing so, we become the operating system around our owners’ most valuable investments, as well as our residents’ homes.
And we’re doing this within an enormous addressable market, with highly attractive unit economics, where competition is deeply fragmented and notorious for subpar service.
We are growing rapidly with nationwide expansion on deck -- headquartered in Manhattan with on-the-ground operations in 20 markets across 9 states.
Our leadership team has built digital platforms and operational machines that have powered hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of transactions for marketplace businesses like 1stdibs, Skillshare, and Warby Parker.
We’ve raised over $30 million (including our recently closed Series B) from top investors including Crosslink Capital, Navitas Capital, Zigg Capital, Juxtapose, and top NYC angels & real estate entrepreneurs including Kevin Ryan, David Rosenblatt, and Jason Finger, who have founded or led companies such as Seamless, Gilt Groupe, MongoDB, DoubleClick, 1stdibs, Floored, and others.