Analytics Engineer at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about creating products that millions of developers will love.
We are looking for a motivated and results-oriented self-starter who is passionate about Growth Marketing to join our Revenue Marketing team. We are a team with a proven track record in combining a strong focus on the end-to-end customer experience and data-driven experimentation and decision-making in order to make a real difference for our customers and DigitalOcean. We are looking to accelerate this in 2021 and beyond with an Analytics Engineer who can smooth out the operations of our marketing technology stack and work with our analytics team to accelerate the insights we generate.
Your role will be to help scale the efforts of the marketing and analytics team across a portfolio of hundreds of thousands of paying customers. You will help make the essential marketing use cases for data (the ability to select an audience, trigger a growth intervention, and report on performance) work seamlessly for our marketing teams; this will be accomplished by finding and building solutions to automate critical workflows, as well as working cross-functionally with other teams to implement those solutions as needed. By sitting at the intersection of the marketing analytics and engineering fields, this is a unique opportunity to demonstrate that more automation, and less button-clicking, can increase the velocity of both analytical and marketing workflows.What you’ll be doing.
- Connecting each platform within the marketing technology stack, keeping the data flowing between each system, and striving to deliver the most accurate data possible
- Finding opportunities to automate manual processes for the marketing & analytics team
- Coordinating across multiple teams to improve tracking instrumentation & data collection
- Partnering with the data engineering team to complete ETL/ELT projects
- Assisting data science in moving models from prototype to production
- Contributing to internal programming packages for more efficient analytical tooling
- Experience with cloud computing and technologies such as Docker, RabbitMQ, dbt
- Fluency with software engineering best practices and the ability to apply them to analytics code via version control, testing, and continuous integration
- A knowledge of the marketing technology landscape and some direct experience with those tools (such as Segment, Marketo, Looker, Optimizely, Google Tag Manager, etc.)
- Experience as a marketer or product manager a plus
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!