The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. And the problem is only getting worse.
As an Analytics Engineer, you’ll be the chief steward of our analytical data infrastructure. You will model complex data, build and integrate reliable data pipelines, surface essential company metrics, and develop tools that streamline data discovery and knowledge sharing. You’ll sit on TrialSpark’s Platform Team and work closely with Data Analysts, Platform Engineers, Product Engineers, and key cross-functional stakeholders to create a data architecture that ensures the right information is available and accessible to all stakeholders throughout the organization.Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining the analytics layer of our team’s data environment to make data standardized and easily accessible
- Maintaining and performance tuning our Redshift cluster and any expensive queries
- Maintaining and improving our Looker model to ensure that stakeholders can access the data they need in a clear and reliable way
- Integrating third party data sources as we add marketing channels, data partners and other vendors
- Working closely with Product and Engineering to ensure upstream product and schema changes integrate well with our data model; and when it doesn’t build the necessary capabilities to adjust
- Supporting health data model transformations (For example, CCD to OMOP)
- Administering Redshift and Looker
- When needed, performing stakeholder related work, such as dashboards or analysis
- Integrating and productionizing analyst and data science models as needed
- Building data expertise and best practices across the team
- Owning end-to-end data quality for all analytical needs
- Defining and managing SLAs for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership
- 2-4 years of relevant analytical experience
- BS/BA in a quantitative degree
- Experience building analytical data models
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in LookML
- Experience with Python
- Experience with dbt is a plus
- Strong communicator; experience working with non-technical stakeholders a plus
- You are passionate about our mission. You are excited about building the perfect team to bring medical treatments to patients faster.
- You are organized, persistent and empathetic. You consistently follow-up on tasks and aren’t afraid to track down people to help solve problems.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.