What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers (or TpT, as we call it) is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, their insights, and their inspiration with one another. We are the first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources. Our community brings immediate access to a world of expertise and offers educators more time to focus on students and teaching.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win”.
Why do we do it?
Our dream is to make the expertise and wisdom of all the teachers in the world available to anyone, anywhere, at any time. We believe that we can help create real good in the world by empowering the educators to teach their best.
Who are we looking for?
We modeled our company culture on the virtues of our community of teachers and we are assembling one of the most talented teams in New York. We think this article in EdSurge about sums it up.
We’re building a team of deeply good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As the Analytics Lead, you will lead the adoption of business intelligence tools across teams, foster a culture of insightful analysis and crisp reporting, and become a trusted business partner within the organization.
You know and love working with data and analytics tools, write excellent SQL and scripts, and can use your technical skills, business acumen, and creativity to solve unique business problems. Reporting to the VP of Finance, you’ll work closely with business, data science, engineering, and product teams to develop a deep understanding of TpT’s business and drive strategy and action through high quality, timely analysis.
- Use data to tell a story. Surface insights and influence peers with data, actionable research and compelling narrative content; present and clearly communicate complex data and analyses to cross-functional groups.
- Ensure metrics used to track the business and measure results are consistent and the most relevant to inform decision-making across the organization. Own the weekly KPI package presented to the management team.
- Translate business issues into testable hypotheses answerable with data; partner closely with marketing, product, engineering, and customer experience teams from business case development to ROI measurement.
- Build dynamic and rich dashboards and reporting solutions to support company initiatives and strategic planning using out-of-box features, customizations, and visualizations.
- Explore and recommend emerging technologies and techniques to support/enhance Business Analytics at TpT.
- Write and create custom reports.
- BS/BA in technical or quantitative/business-oriented field; Masters a plus
- 5+ years of experience with SQL including optimization
- 3+ years of experience with business intelligence and visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, Chartio) in an e-commerce environment
- Comfortable with large, complex relational databases (both transactional and analytical) and nested tables (BigQuery, Redshift)
- Ability to analyze data to identify key insights, potential gaps, and inconsistencies.
- Demonstrated understanding of analytical techniques including regression, trend analysis, forecasting, and A/B testing.
- Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, etc.)
- Advanced user of G Suite and Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights.
- Experience managing people and developing talent a plus