Greater NYC Area
Primary is a gender-free, inclusive kids clothing brand started by Galyn Bernard and Christina Carbonell in 2015. The company was founded on the idea that kids clothing should be affordable, feel amazing, and be free of logos and slogans so that all kids can truly shine. Our customers are incredibly passionate about our mission, leading to strong repeat metrics and one of the highest NPS scores in the industry (85+). We are laser-focused on building a strong, sustainable and profitable (!!) business, and hiring the best people to help us get there. Our company values kind and thoughtful self-starters who can think strategically and then work collaboratively with people across the organization to produce high-quality outcomes. We are also a very change-friendly group of people, and are always seeking fresh points of view to uncover ways we can improve our products, processes and team culture.
Company-sponsored health insurance
A 401k program (no matching just yet)
Three weeks of PTO (four weeks after two years at the company)
- Primary caregiver: 6 weeks fully paid, increased to 12 weeks after the first year with the company.
- Secondary caregiver: 3 weeks fully paid, increased to 6 weeks after the first year.
Bagel Thursdays and Frydays (yes it's what you think it is)
Primary School: a program that gives every employee $100 a month to spend on classes to help them grow (even if unrelated to their work).
We are looking for a data hacker/scientist/engineer who wants to help build an early stage ecommerce brand, with an emphasis on enabling the company to analyze and gain insights from our data, work with other teams across the company, and helping develop new dashboards and reports to push the business forward.
We're organized into customer focused squads that work together with partner teams across the company to define and implement projects that roll up to company goals. Data analysis is used in the metric and KPI planning stages, throughout the development cycle by analyzing A/B testing, and in post analysis and ongoing observation.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Supporting a customer focused team/squad such as new customers or acquisition
- Working with other engineers to help build and maintain our analytics infrastructure from raw data through to automated reporting and internal tools
- Proactively identifying areas of opportunity in our product and the business
- Enabling your group, including partner teams across the company, to access and leverage our data for planning and quantitative analysis
- Help to make data driven decisions and assist teams with relevant data
- Setup experiments and perform statistical analysis on the outcomes
- A great communicator that loves working with a variety of teams
- Product and customer-focused, bringing actionable data that helps us improve the customer experience in a high-impact way
- Someone that understands the importance of documentation
- Extremely comfortable processing and exploring data using SQL
- Experience with Looker / LookML or a similar tool to model data and surface it to stakeholders
- Enthusiastic about visibility, reporting, and making data driven decisions
- A leader that can bring previous experience in data analysis to the table
- Someone with analysis experience in python or R; past experience with notebooks like Jupyter is a bonus
- Someone with experience optimizing SQL
- Someone with past analytics experience in ecommerce operations, onsite event tracking / modeling, marketing performance, customer service, or subscription models is a bonus
If you fit this description and are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description