Squarespace is driven by great design in everything we do, and we believe that all ideas deserve to be presented beautifully. With that in mind, we are seeking a motivated and creative-first Associate Business Affairs Manager who can collaborate with many departments, including creative, production, product, marketing, media, legal, and finance to ensure efficient and legally cleared final delivery of Squarespace's global creative and content work.
You are an excellent communicator who can advocate for the best creative outcome through building relationships across multiple teams including Creative, Production, Marketing, Finance, and Legal. You are able to work under tight deadlines and effectively assess and advise the creative team under conditions of uncertainty to achieve beautiful, legally-cleared results. You will report to the Senior Business Affairs Manager in our New York headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Help draft agreements related to digital production, influencer marketing, and product templates such as production agreements, partnership agreements, talent contracts, NDAs, property and locations releases, image and music licenses.
- Maintain a tracking sheet containing usage terms and expiration dates of all assets with related third-party permissions/rights.
- Perform trademark, copyright, and internet searches for proposed branding, naming, taglines, design.
- Perform research to ensure proper clearance for all creative concepts and upcoming projects.
- Liaise between creative, production, marketing, finance, and legal departments to ensure alignment on projects.
- Assist producers and partners in managing project folders, completion reports, project completion checklists and related documents.
- Create requisitions and purchase orders in our financial system.
- Submit and track vendor payments and update production budgets.
- Identify new processes to improve business affairs workflows.
- You will have 2+ years experience in a similar role at a direct advertiser, advertising agency, talent agency or other relevant experience.
- Understanding of digital and social media creative campaign development.
- Understanding of influencer marketing, product marketing, and international marketing.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with strict deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate with and manage relationships throughout the production process.
- A working knowledge of talent, music agreements, guild and union regulations, contract law and intellectual property rights.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.