Associate Data Operations Engineer at DoubleVerify
Associate Data Operation Engineer
Who we are
DoubleVerify is the leader in digital performance solutions, improving the impression quality and audience impact of digital advertising. Built on best practices, DoubleVerify solutions create value for media buyers and sellers by bringing transparency and accountability to the market, ensuring ad viewability, brand safety, fraud protection, accurate impression delivery and audience quality across campaigns to drive performance.
Since 2008, DoubleVerify has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most value out of their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry.
The Data Operations (Data Ops) Team is responsible for supporting data pipelines. Our primary responsibility is to maintain our service level agreements (SLAs) for data delivery. We are in charge of improving reliability, scalability and efficiency of data pipelines by engineering solutions to monitor, alert and auto-remediate issues. We leverage both internal and external tools and frameworks to accomplish these engineering tasks. We operate in a dynamic environment and have a talented team that shares knowledge freely and openly.
What you’ll do
- You will be part of the global Data Operations team
- Work close with Data Engineers and Platform Engineers.
- Provide operation support for many of DV’s data pipelines.
- Part of the on-call rotation, which takes place every 6 weeks.
- Work with Data and always look for process’s optimization.
- Also thrilled at the prospect of building strong relationships with different teams in the company, solving operational issues and implementing quality improvements.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Degree in technical field preferred
- Good knowledge of SQL querying concepts
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt, learn new skill sets, and be able to understand operational challenges
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with a clear focus under pressure
- Must be proactive with proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Resourceful, results orientated with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building with diverse, global, cross-functional team
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in complex systems.
- Linux environment experience
- Good understanding of BI and Data Warehousing concepts (ETL, OLAP vs. OLTP, Slowly Changing Dimensions)
- Good understanding of process automation
- Python, bash or any other scripting language a plus