At Great Jones, our business runs on data! We’re seeking an Associate Data Scientist to work closely with our Partnerships team to understand the performance of property management processes and investor portfolios for our largest customers. This role is essential to Great Jones' growth, and will be joining a fast-growing Analytics organization that is developing a modern data stack, has executive sponsorship, and contributes directly to the company strategy, business growth, and product development.
Projects you may work on include:
- Developing and validating key business metrics to measure property management processes across verticals (including leasing, turns, maintenance).
- Examples include finding drivers of turn inefficiency, forecasting leasing pipelines, identifying hard-to-rent properties, or identifying property characteristics for portfolio acquisitions.
- Creating presentations to highlight data-driven insights and provide recommendations for impact.
- Building out Looker dashboards and data objects to enable the Partnerships team to self-serve common analyses.
- Providing select institutional customers with self-serve dashboards and data.
The ideal Associate Data Scientist candidate will be excited to develop deep business context around our Partnerships business, and accelerate the Partnerships function via a mix of analysis and data enablement. If that sounds like you, let’s talk!
- Work closely with the Partnerships team to refine measurement of our business, identify areas for performance improvement, and measure the impact of process changes.
- Understand drivers and performance of property management verticals (leasing, turns, maintenance) in the context of large customer portfolios.
- Create and own Looker dashboards, data models, and data definitions to enable self-serve data access for internal Partnerships team as well as external customers.
- 2+ years of experience in an insights-focused role (analytics or data science), preferably working within an analytics team in high-growth, high-performance environments.
- Excellent SQL and Excel skills in order to generate insights from data.
- Experience with industry-standard BI tools (Looker, Tableau, or similar) to provide insights and data for broad use.
- Ability to partner autonomously with business teams across all phases of the analytics project lifecycle: defining hypotheses, understanding data landscape, conducting analyses, delivering data and insights, and making recommendations.
- Excellent communication and data storytelling skills, and ability to translate data into insights for stakeholders across the business.
- Self-starter who takes real ownership and delivers high-quality, ambitious work, and is comfortable in a dynamic environment.
About Great Jones:
Great Jones brings ease and performance to rental ownership and living, starting by reinventing property management for the several trillion (!) dollars in rental homes owned by small-scale investors.
We’re replacing an experience that has historically been heavily operational, low-tech, and stressful with one delivered through modern software, thoughtful experience design, real benefits of scale, and the right blend of local & centralized operations.
By providing a seamless, full-service experience for owners and residents, we aim to make ownership worry-free and more profitable for the 25 million Americans who own rental homes. In doing so, we become the operating system around our owners’ most valuable investments, as well as our residents’ homes.
And we’re doing this within an enormous addressable market, with highly attractive unit economics, where competition is deeply fragmented and notorious for subpar service.
We are growing rapidly with nationwide expansion on deck -- headquartered in Manhattan with on-the-ground operations in 20 markets across 9 states.
Our leadership team has built digital platforms and operational machines that have powered hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of transactions for marketplace businesses like 1stdibs, Skillshare, and Warby Parker.
We’ve raised over $30 million (including our recently closed Series B) from top investors including Crosslink Capital, Navitas Capital, Zigg Capital, Juxtapose, and top NYC angels & real estate entrepreneurs including Kevin Ryan, David Rosenblatt, and Jason Finger, who have founded or led companies such as Seamless, Gilt Groupe, MongoDB, DoubleClick, 1stdibs, Floored, and others.