Associate Director, Business Insights at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines' high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Passionate about delivering business insights and navigating meaningful metrics?
Reporting to our VP of Health Informatics, we have an exciting new role to join our Digital, Informatics, and Technology Solutions (DigITs) organization as Associate Director, Business Insights. This role presents tough challenges ahead but a rare opportunity to create a vision that involves, inspires, and activates change among target audiences. You will work closely with the VP of Product and Informatics leaders to ensure our products are delivering on client needs, surpassing goals, and seeking new ways to innovate.
- Develops and executes a multi-year Business Insights strategic roadmap with input from key stakeholders, setting priorities and balancing priorities to ensure short- and long- term goals are met, including the process of integrating business insights into decision-making processes
- Facilitate metric development for broad range of analyses, with priority focus on key performance indicators (leading and lagging indicators) for Digital Products and Informatics, as well as other operational and clinical projects
- Manage and mentor Business Intelligence Analysts to meet both professional development and performance goals
- Develop and maintain communication flow with stakeholders/business partners within and outside of DigITs (including Hospital/Ambulatory Care Operations, Quality and Safety, Strategy and Innovation, Revenue Management).
- Partner with digital platform teams, senior leadership, physicians, nursing, and others on developing an overarching framework for measurement; identification of methodology depending on the project goal
- Develop new and innovative ways to use Informatics tools and approaches, including research opportunities as identified by the Division of Digital Products and Health Informatics
- Lead initiatives to craft and build tools that drive insights and critical decision-making
- Plan and align on technology-based data reporting tools and management
- Delegate SMEs in support of multi-functional efforts to identify, interpret and produce recommendations based on reporting needs
- Advise business groups by providing technical reports and strategic recommendations that address business issues
- 5+ years of experience mentoring a team of analysts and turning business vision into action
- Comfortable navigating all parts of a transformation effort from leadership discussion to hands on analytics work with the team
- Strong proficiency with SQL, Python, R, Tableau and knowledge of marketing analytics preferred
- Understand how to leverage big data to identify and solve problems to improve overall decision-making
- Ability to balance attention to detail and fast execution with a strategic vision
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It's important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.