Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $4.3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $42 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better Opportunity:
We’re building a world-class Operations and Insights team; one that combines highly effective processes and systems that enable efficiency and scale. You can think of our team as 'the brains' of Better's revenue-generating engine. We support the business with insights, analyses, and thought partnership on the most complex problems to enable growth and exceptional customer experience.
The right person for this role has the ability to leverage data, communicate actionable insights and help drive business outcomes. More specifically, we're looking for an analytically-savvy individual who can identify operational gaps, facilitate workflow optimization, change management, and automation. Our ideal candidate is both entrepreneurial with the ability to innovate and take initiative, as well as team-oriented with strong cross-functional collaboration skills. The primary objective of the Associate position is to help drive increased efficiencies that support scale.
** Please note that this is a general job posting that accounts for various Sr./Associate level positions across the strategy & operations functions aligned to our broader Operations & Insights team. Upon reviewing your application, our recruiting team will identify which team and role is the most suitable based on your experience.
- Support core operational strategies; drive optimization and improvement across process flows and systems
- Work cross-functionally to optimize existing internal processes, refine and reiterate to facilitate strong business outcomes aligned to our broader organizational goals
- Leverage data to collect actionable insights; generate novel analyses that educate business decisions, drive KPI execution (i.e. productivity, cycle time, quality) and support increasingly efficient scale
- Partner with global commercial and operations teams to support the growth and evolvement of various Better business lines at scale
- Build and evolve an automated operations system that will continue to transform the Mortgage industry
- 2-5+ years of experience in a strategic operational role
- Strong quantitative background in data analysis and modeling (SQL/Tableau/Looker is preferred)
- Strong bias-to-action, practicality and effectiveness
- Highly adaptable, with the ability to thrive in ambiguous environments that at times lack direction and/or frequently change
- Strong communication and relationship building/stakeholder management skills
- Certification in Six Sigma / lean / other process improvement methodologies
- Prior experience working in R/Python
- Management consulting experience at a top-tier firm
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits—including medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.