Associate Optimization Manager
<intent> isn’t your usual company. Our work is powered by the premise that every person at <intent> is unique and possesses a distinct set of skills, personality and passions. We embrace our collective talents to tackle technical challenges, refine our successfully disruptive business ideas and co-create one of the most human and inspiring work cultures out there. We are a team of collaborators who value and reward shared success over individual heroics.
We’re looking for an Associate Optimization Manager to join our <intent> target team. When we bring the power of our predictive intelligence to new partners, we go through an optimization phase, which includes a phased testing approach to maximize value to our partners.
The Associate Optimization Manager will be responsible for managing and executing the end-to-end optimization process for new partners within our <intent> target team -- ensuring optimal integration within Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and various DSPs, suggesting test concepts and prioritization across SEM, Display, Retargeting, and Prospecting campaigns, pushing for partner approvals, ongoing reporting, and communication of results and insights out to all stakeholders both internal and external.
The ideal candidate will possess a blend of organizational, partner management, and analytical skills, strong instincts, and a passion for statistics, in addition to a background within either Google Ads, Facebook Ads, or other major ad exchanges. You will work directly with major partners and collaborate closely with <intent>’s strategic partnership managers to define the approach and share test insights. This is an exciting opportunity to take on a critical, cross-functional role and directly drive product success with our most strategic partners.
What You Will Do:
You will join our Product team and collaborate closely with Strategic Partnerships, Data Analytics, and our Data Science teams. In addition to driving to successful outcomes for our partners, this role comes with the opportunity to participate in Product development related to further improving our optimization tools.
- Become an expert on our predictive intelligence platform
- Master our in-house tools used to build models for our partners
- Collaborate with our partner integration team to make sure models are built and set up correctly when launching a new partner
- Be able to educate partners about the model building process
- Manage results
- Regularly monitor and optimize performance of active A/B tests across Google, Facebook, and others
- Maintain a historical log of parameters, scope and performance of running tests
- Perform data analysis and visualizations using tools such as Excel, Tableau and MySQL
- Communicate to stakeholders
- Contribute to pitches, by providing recommended launch plans for new partners
- Prepare performance reports and presentations for internal + external audiences
- Lead weekly partner meetings to share results and agree on optimization priorities
- Promote best practices and maintain a list of learnings to date
- Generate concepts for new tests
- Collaborate with Product to define new test priorities
- Prepare test recommendations for partners and secure partner approvals
- Improve our processes and product
- Constantly strive for a faster and more efficient process
- Solicit feedback from stakeholders to identify ways to enhance the process
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is an excellent communicator (verbal + presentations)
- Is self-directed, highly organized, and able to track multiple parallel initiatives on an ongoing basis
- Is intensely curious, creative, and collaborative
- Has understanding of A/B test design and statistical analysis
- Has 1-3 years experience with direct campaign management within Google, Facebook, or other top-tier ad networks
Qualifications and Key Requirements:
- BA or BS from a leading university in a quantitative subject like Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics
- Understanding of Analytics, A/B testing or Site Optimization for the Ad-Tech / eCommerce space
- Experience in drafting high-stakes client presentations (PowerPoint / Keynote)
- Strong comfort with SQL and Excel (including pivot tables)
- Foundational knowledge of statistics
- Demonstrated project management experience
<intent> is the data science company for the world’s leading online commerce and travel brands. Our Predictive Intelligence Platform uses patented technology to predict user behavior in real-time and identify the future value of every user. Over 450 innovative brands from more than 40 countries trust Intent’s real-time predictions to deliver personalized user experiences that maximize utility and ROI.
Our team is over 100 people and our offices span globally. We’re headquartered in NYC with locations in London, Kuala Lumpur, and Sao Paulo.
Every day, we’re inspired by two pursuits. First, we’re building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, we’re building the company we’ve always wanted to work for — one that’s open, human and collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas and get things done. We’re included on Built in NYC's Best Places to Work list and have been on Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC list for seven years running.
Love Your Job:
Our employees enjoy coming to work, and we let them know they're valued.
Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously.
We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, and so our flat structure and open communication invite innovation from all levels — ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation, stock options, and great perks & benefits, including:
- Flexible paid time off
- A generous parental leave policy
- A beautiful, dog-friendly office in SoHo with drinks and snacks
- An open environment with lots of natural light
- Annual $2,000 learning budget and Citi Bike membership
- Access to Fond, our employee perks program featuring deals and discounts on hundreds of products and services
- Access to Sherpaa, a telehealth service with 24/7 support
- Company-wide social events, and more!
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks!