Aumni - Senior Director of Data Science at JPMorgan Chase (Greater NYC Area, NY)
The Aumni data science team works on the collection, ingestion, structuring, and analysis of legal documents and other data sources related to venture capital.
How You'll Help Us Win
- Own the technical strategy, coordination, and implementation of document understanding, NLP, and LLM technologies for information extraction and semantic search of legal documents
- Hire, manage, coach, and direct the work of a team of data scientists, data labelers, and engineers
- Implement data science and engineering approaches to assist in accelerating and automating Aumni's data ingestion pipeline
Senior Director of Data Science, Document Understanding
- Collaborate heavily with Aumni's data modeling teams regarding OLTP and OLAP data structuring
- Work with corporate centers of excellence and technology platform teams to ensure complaint, efficient, and scalable use of technology
- Successfully transition newly developed models, tools, and insights into the platform for long term production deployments and maintenance
What You'll Need
- 8+ years experience in data science delivering models and analytics to production
- Experience leading technical efforts with high autonomy in organizations large and small
- Experience with common modeling techniques, approaches, languages, and frameworks for generative AI, document search, and NLP
- Very good written and spoken communication on technical topics
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents and perspectives that they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. (If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability and wish to request an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us by calling the Accessibility Line (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690 and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.)
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, we offer discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of firm performance and individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.