NS1 optimizes delivery of the world’s most critical internet and enterprise applications. Only NS1’s platform is built on a modern API-first architecture that acts on real-time data and grows more powerful in complex environments, transforming DNS, DHCP, and IP Address Management (IPAM) into an intelligent, efficient, and automated system. NS1’s technology drives dramatic gains in IT efficiency and application performance, reliability, and security for the largest global enterprises, including Salesforce, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Nielsen, Pitney Bowes, Squarespace, Pandora and The Guardian. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.The Role
We’re looking to add a new member to our fast growing engineering team: an experienced Backend Software Engineer focusing on our Data Layer.
Our data layer sits behind our industry leading REST API, providing fast and safe access to our data stores, and includes our custom change data capture system which propagates changes in real time to edge locations throughout the world. The entire data subsystem is tuned for maximum performance, reliability, and scale.
The data layer is a mission critical component of both our SaaS and on-premise products, and the team is responsible for both development and operations.Responsibilities:
- Owning our change data capture and streaming replication (Go/gRPC) software subsystem, including PostgreSQL logical decoding, data digesting, imaging, and oplog strategies
- Owning the operation, scaling and performance SLAs of our global realtime configuration distribution for SaaS products
- Defining and maintaining the interfaces and frameworks used by application engineers to store and propagate data safely from control plane to edge services and devices
- Ensuring the data layer subsystem meets high demands for throughput, reliability, security, data integrity, and propagation speed
- Go, SQL, C/C++
- gRPC, protobufs
- Experience testing and operating what you develop
- Knowledge of a range of database technologies and internal implementation details, especially distributed databases and associated challenges
- Knowledge of distributed systems and widely distributed data pipelines
- Ability to design with modern internet infrastructure operation in mind, including metrics, logging, automation, etc
- UNIX and networking knowledge
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL internals and module writing experience: background workers, logical decoding
- Knowledge of RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Redis, LMDB
- Experience with streaming replication and change data capture systems like Debezium
- Linux systems programming skills
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary and stock options)
- medical, dental, and vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours and time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.