BCCM Analyst at NBCUniversal (Greater NYC Area, NY)
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBCUniversal is looking for an analyst to join our Business Continuity and Crisis Management team in New York City! In this role, you will become a critical part of the BC/CM team that supports, develops, maintains, exercises, and implements business continuity and crisis management plans and solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Assist in the development and execution of business continuity and crisis management plans and exercises within individual businesses across the NBCU portfolio.
- Provide incident management support during events and disruptions.
- Assist in developing after action reports from incidents, exercises, and disruptions.
- Analyze data and identify trends in the areas of crisis management and business continuity.
- Analyze and assist with designing continuity strategies for recovery of critical business functions, and overall operational resiliency.
- Analyze and report on implications of audit requirements and industry guidance on business continuity programs.
- Assist with the development of status reports on operations and individual business preparedness and recoverability as well as prepare management summary reports.
- Support enterprise business continuity and crisis management processes utilizing workflow tools (i.e. Fusion, JIRA, ESRI/ArcGIS, and Emergency notification solutions).
Let's Talk About You...
- Tech-savvy - You are an MS Office whiz and can take on new software with ease
- Executer -You get things done! Using strong business acumen, inciteful analytical skills, and superior organizational skills you manage through competing priorities within a matrixed environment
- Communicates with ease - You have a way with words; written and verbal
- Cool Under Pressure - You handle stressful situations with ease and professionalism while juggling multiple stakeholders and competing priorities
What You Must Have:
- 3+ years of experience in business continuity, crisis planning, emergency management, or related role
- Demonstrated success in supporting large-scale system implementations
What Would Make You a Stand-out:
- Bachelor's Degree in Project Management, Homeland Security, Business Continuity, Emergency/Crisis Management, or related field
- Experience developing proactive strategies for large organizations with multiple locations and multiple business lines
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP or CBCI) and Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) or equivalent industry certification
- Consultative style - ability to provide excellent client-service while also able to influence business partners with alternate approaches or solutions
- Ability to interact effectively with many levels of management
- Comfortable working in a federated model using influencing and supporting skills
- Excellent personal leadership skills - proven ability to build, develop and motivate a team
- Proactive, well organized, and results-oriented
- Experience managing complex projects and providing solutions to business challenges
- Prior experience in production or media environments
- Proven success in process improvement for large, complex operations
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits including: medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary Range: $70,000 - $90,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.