Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 500 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be involved in creating, updating and maintaining the company’s suite of business reports. Focusing on building scalable multidimensional data model architecture but also producing high impact front-end dashboards with strategic analysis. Working closely with leadership across the organization, you will help lead the charge to surface critical data to end users and enable leadership to make fast, data-informed decisions. This role is based in Austin or NY and reports to the Head of Business Intelligence.
What You’ll Do Here
- Design, create, and continuously improve upon metrics, reports, dashboards, and analyses to help company stakeholders measure performance and make informed decisions
- Closely collaborate with functional group leads throughout the reporting lifecycle, from initial scoping to deployment to maintenance
- Deliver complex analyses and provide insights and recommendations to drive company performance
- Dive into and deeply understand new data sources and their underlying data libraries to transform, integrate, and make them accessible for self-directed analysis by stakeholders across the business, including department leaders
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have
- 2-4 years of experience in a business intelligence, business analytics, finance or data science role.
- Experience working at a high-growth company is a plus
- Experience prioritizing, building, and deploying code using business intelligence reporting tools; Looker proficiency and/or developing with OLAP principles is a plus
- Experience driving fast-paced projects from scratch to completion (e.g. building a new forecasting model/report) in a highly organized manner
- Expert SQL proficiency
- A results-orientation with a high motor and an incredible attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.