BI Analyst at Orchard
Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 200+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
We are proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine as a best workplace of 2020 and have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating!
Role and Responsibilities:
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be involved in creating, updating and maintaining the company’s suite of business reports. Focusing on building scalable multidimensional data model architecture but also producing high impact front-end dashboards with strategic analysis. Working closely with leadership across the organization, you will help lead the charge to surface critical data to end users and enable leadership to make fast, data-informed decisions. This role is based in NYC. Reporting to the Head of Business Intelligence, you will:
- Design, create, and continuously improve upon metrics, reports, dashboards, and analyses to help company stakeholders measure performance and make informed decisions
- Closely collaborate with functional group leads throughout the reporting lifecycle, from initial scoping to deployment to maintenance
- Spearhead the buildout of our Web, Marketing, and Conversion reporting stack, including owning the design and implementation of customer attribution and conversion data model for long-term business intelligence scalability
- Deliver complex analyses and provide insights and recommendations to drive company performance
- Dive into and deeply understand new data sources and their underlying data libraries to transform, integrate, and make them accessible for self-directed analysis by stakeholders across the business, including department leaders from web, marketing, sales, and finance.
- 4+ years of experience in a business intelligence, business analytics, finance or data science role. Experience working at a high-growth company is a plus.
- Experience data modelling web visits and events as well as marketing attribution, segmentation and funnel conversion.
- Experience prioritizing, building, and deploying code using business intelligence reporting tools; Looker proficiency and/or developing with OLAP principles is a plus.
- Experience driving fast-paced projects from scratch to completion (e.g. building a new code base to tackle a complex problem) in a highly organized manner
- Expert SQL proficiency.
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Economics, Business, Math, Statistics, Engineering)
- Results oriented with an incredible attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams; ability to convey technical topics to non-technical audiences; ability to communicate at an executive level
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and roll up your sleeves to remedy them
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each proble