Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices in Austin, Denver and Atlanta, Orchard has over 200 employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen.
About the Role
As a BI Developer, you will be involved in creating, updating and maintaining the company’s suite of business reports. Focusing on building scalable multidimensional data model architecture but also producing high impact front-end dashboards with strategic analysis. Working closely with leadership across the organization, you will help lead the charge to surface critical data to end users and enable leadership to make fast, data-informed decisions.
This is a full time role that will report to the Head of Engineering and be based out of our NYC headquarters.
What You’ll Do Here
- Spearhead the buildout of our core data model and reporting stack for Web, Marketing, Finance and Operations.
- Dive into and deeply understand new data sources and their underlying data libraries to transform, integrate, and make them accessible for self-directed analysis by stakeholders across the business, including department leaders from web, marketing, sales, and finance.
- Closely collaborate with functional group leads throughout the reporting lifecycle, from initial scoping to deployment to maintenance
- Design, create, and continuously improve upon metrics, reports, dashboards, and analyses to help company stakeholders measure performance and make informed decisions
- Deliver complex analyses and provide insights and recommendations to drive company performance
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- Experience transforming raw source data into custom, productionized data models for analytical use cases.
- Expert SQL proficiency.
- Experience using business intelligence reporting tools; Looker proficiency and/or developing with OLAP principles is a plus.
- Experience driving fast-paced projects from scratch to completion (e.g. building a new code base to tackle a complex problem) in a highly organized manner
- Results oriented with an incredible attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams; ability to convey technical topics to non-technical audiences; ability to communicate at an executive level
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and roll up your sleeves to remedy them
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem
We're proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes as one of the best workplaces of 2020. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.