Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 150+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Business Intelligence Developer, you will be involved in creating, updating and maintaining the full business intelligence stack. Focusing on building scalable back-end data architecture but also producing high impact front-end dashboards. Working closely with the Product and Technology teams, you will extract and transform data from new products and build & own the analytics layer of the company’s data environment to support our business intelligence tooling. You will help lead the charge to surface critical data to end users and enable leadership to make fast, data-informed decisions. This role is based in NYC. Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will:
- Spearhead business intelligence infrastructure efforts, including owning the design and implementation of a modular, parallelized codebase of SQL scripts necessary for long-term business intelligence scalability
- Dive into and deeply understand new data sources and their underlying data libraries to transform, integrate, and make them accessible for self-directed analysis by stakeholders across the business, including team leads from sales, marketing, product, and operations
- Design, create, and continuously improve upon reports, dashboards, etc. to help company stakeholders measure performance and make informed decisions; closely collaborate with functional group leads throughout the reporting lifecycle, from initial scoping to deployment to maintenance
- 4+ years of experience in a business intelligence, analytics, data science or engineering role. Experience working at a high-growth technology company a plus.
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics or Engineering)
- Experience working in SQL and Python. Familiarity with Postgres, Redshift, Airflow or Looker is a plus.
- Exceptional dimensional data modeling skills. Knowledgeable about data warehouse technical architecture, ETL frameworks, and OLAP principles.
- Experience prioritizing, building, and deploying code using business intelligence reporting tools; Looker proficiency a plus.
- Experience driving fast-paced projects from scratch to completion (e.g. building a new code base to tackle a complex problem) in a highly organized manner
- Results orientation with a high motor and an incredible attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams; ability to convey technical topics to non-technical audiences
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and roll up your sleeves to remedy them
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem