Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry and we’re looking for a Big Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering team. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
As a Big Data Engineer you will build and expand upon the testing framework and testing infrastructure of IAS’ core ad verification, analytics and anti ad fraud software products.
What you’ll do:
- Planning delivery of data pipelines and API endpoints for IAS (Integral Ad Science) product offerings
- Architect and build data pipelines and data stores specialized for data science needs
- Design architecture to streamline data science processes
- Design and implement systems for large-scale data analysis and machine learning
- Build tools and frameworks for use across the data science and data engineering teams
- Define and implement best practices and development processes
- Partner with engineering teams on deployments of data science driven solutions
- Participate in training and mentoring of data engineers
You should apply if you have most of this:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or related fields
- 2-5 yrs. of experience designing and building data-intensive applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent hands-on coding - Java/Scala/Python
- In-depth understanding of algorithms, scalability and various tradeoffs in a Big Data setting
- Expertise in using Big Data frameworks (e.g., Hadoop, Spark) and MPP databases (e.g., RedShift, Vertica, Snowflake) for complex data assembly and transformation
- Knowledge of database technology, SQL, schema design and query optimization techniques
- Understanding of full software development life cycle, agile development and continuous integration
What puts you over the top:
- Digital advertising or web technology experience
- Experience working with AWS Analytics technologies
- Experience working with Apache Airflow
- Experience implementing machine learning algorithms
IAS strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment for all new IAS hires, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. IAS makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, or other conditions protected by applicable law.
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global leader in digital media quality. IAS makes every impression count, ensuring that ads are viewable by real people, in safe and suitable environments, activating contextual targeting, and driving supply path optimization.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [email protected]
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.