At Phosphorus, our vision is to create a world where every healthcare decision is optimized with genomics. As a bioinformatician, you will design, build, and implement new software that helps deliver cutting edge genetic advancements to the modern world. We are looking for passionate bioinformatic scientists that want to be part of a company that's pioneering the way in which genetic information is interpreted.
The Bioinformatics team at Phosphorus is composed of folks with diverse previous experience in next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies, genomics, big data, cloud computing and machine learning. We are responsible for building the clinical NGS analysis pipeline, identifying novel classes of genomic variation, building tools for genomic interpretation and collaborating with R&D lab scientists to bring new products to market.
As Phosphorus expands our genomics platform in new and exciting directions, we are continuing to bring on top talent in bioinformatics. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with deep experience in bioinformatics, genomics and NGS technology to grow this team. Ideal candidates will bring expertise, humility and a strong intellectual curiosity to our overall mission of democratizing access to genetic information.
What You’ll Work On:
- Building top quality clinical sequencing pipelines
- Developing and implementing new QC measures and algorithms into our pipeline, processes or analyses
- Taking on some of the thorniest problems in genomics
- Scaling our genomics platform to ingest, analyze and draw significant insights from a rapidly growing pipeline of genomic data
- Building world-class bioinformatics tools that raise the bar industry-wide
- Collaborating with scientists, engineers, lab personnel, genetic counselors, and operations to translate your work into clinical production analyses
- Generate and pursue novel ideas for improving our genomics platform
- Present work externally at conferences, in peer-reviewed publications and open source contributions
Qualities we look for:
- B.S., M.S., or P.h.D in Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology, Biostatistics, or other related field
- Solid coding skills, knowledge of bioinformatics algorithms and familiarity with engineering best practices
- Experience shipping code to a clinical production environment
- Utmost attention to quality and accuracy.
- The know how for applying machine learning techniques to real world problems
- Experience with development in a cloud computing environment
- Excited by the opportunity to provide a big impact on people's lives at a massive scale
- Demonstrated domain expertise in bioinformatics, genomics, statistics, and/or high performance computing
- Strong communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Ability to read, interpret, and concisely summarize scientific literature
- Eagerness to learn quickly in new areas
- Ability to drive innovation in the junction between software and genetics
- Knowledge of lab processes is a plus (PCR, NGS library preparation, sanger sequencing)