Business Analyst, Data Operations at Cityblock Health
Who we are:
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and a leading commercial partner, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
We are seeking a data analyst to build analytic solutions that will inform business decisions, drive operations, measure performance and demonstrate Cityblock's value as an emerging healthcare delivery company.
In this role, you'll encounter complex data problems, and work to entangle them and translate findings to the greater team. Behind every data element is a real person with real problems that Cityblock is working directly to address. As a member of the Data team at Cityblock, you'll be responsible for delivering accurate and timely information to drive those efforts.
If you like tough problems, have experience pulling insight out of complex structured and unstructured data sources, and enjoy a collaborative, dynamic, and rapidly scaling environment, we want to hear from you!
- Expand our data warehouse with clean data, ready for analysis to answer key business and clinical questions
- Understand and document the full lifecycle of data from numerous sources and how to model it for easy analysis
- Understand the complexity of our data, distill it, explain it and drive improvements across the business
- Build reports and dashboards to help teams identify opportunities and explain trends across data sources
- Follow and improve our processes for maintaining high quality data and reporting
- Collaborate with other functions to create useful analyses and democratize insights across the company
- Build upon and document our common data framework so that all data can be connected and analyzed
- Create and provide accurate, timely and consistent reports about performance KPIs
- Define and maintain schema, data models, and metrics in data warehouse from new and existing raw sources for rapid company-wide analyst and business intelligence use
- Gather requirements for and scope data services deliverables, including translation of business needs to data and technology concepts
- Build and refine SQL tables, metrics, reports, and dashboards that help us actionably understand the health of our business
- Clearly and thoroughly communicate and ensure stakeholder understanding of data services deliverables and value
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have hands-on data analytics experience working with Python and SQL to generate business insights and drive better organizational decision making
- You’re versed in building reports and dashboards in a data visualization tool
- You’re about data, analytics and automation, and have cleaned and modeled large quantities of raw, disorganized data
- You have outstanding analytical skills and the ability to support strategic decisions by providing insights, analytics and high quality, consistent data
- You have experience working with a variety of data sources.
Nice to have:
- Experience working in data operations at a healthcare payer, provider, or health technology organization.
- Experience with healthcare datasets, understanding their strengths, limitations, and quirks e.g. medical & pharmacy claims, eligibility, electronic health records, medicare, medicaid, commercial, etc.
Please include in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.