Business Analyst, Enterprise Data at Peloton
The Enterprise Data team, part of the broader CTO organization, is looking for a proactive and collaborative self-starter to support the team’s mission to enable data integrity through the Enterprise applications/systems. This will be achieved through the establishment of a robust data governance framework and also ensuring the effectiveness of our system integrations. In this role, you will interact with multiple stakeholders across the organization and will be instrumental in furthering the team’s mission.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be a part of an evolving business systems team in a high-growth global organization. You will have the opportunity to support the design, development and implementation of best practice data standards including creating partnerships, enhancement of and management of data visibility dashboards, and development of self-service tools.
You will be a member of a team of analysts and data engineers reporting into the Manager, Enterprise Data.
Who you are:
- You have the ability to analyze issues and to develop solutions
- You can articulate complex concepts in a way that is understandable to non-technical stakeholders;
- You have excellent analysis and critical reasoning skills;
- You are a proactive problem solver, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity;
- You possess strong collaboration skills and approach problems with positive intent while driving towards resolution;
- You are curious and are not afraid to dig deep and look in places that others ignore.
- For various data governance initiatives, support the team’s efforts in the following:
- Documentation and analysis of current business processes, including the underlying systems/applications;
- Gathering and documentation of business requirements in collaboration with stakeholders;
- Translation of business requirements into functional specifications; and
- Solutioning for complex data-centric issues.
- Facilitate consistent adoption of data principles, policies, standard and frameworks across the enterprise, demonstrating the value added by adoption;
- Develop strong working relationships with your Enterprise Data team peers and across the wider Peloton teams;
- Support the research, development & implementation of special projects, as needed;
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve data quality issues in collaboration with the appropriate stakeholders;
- Work with data engineers to architect standardized data architecture; and
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with technical peers and business users.
Basic Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- SQL language proficiency
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Adept and proactive at problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Minimum of 4+ years of related experience in data-driven and governance-focused business.
- Working experience implementing data stewardship communities
- Data Governance experience
- Data quality management experience
- Experience working and managing Metadata
- Experience working with data governance tools
- Agile (SCRUM) experience preferred
- Proven ability to drive results, especially in a matrixed organization
- Demonstrate a passion for driving frictionless use of data through the application of thoughtful, business focused governance.
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure; manage tight deadlines and situations where conflicting priorities arise
- Retail or manufacturing experience
- Agile (SCRUM) experience
- Software development in a programming language (other than SQL)
- Functional experience with ERP systems (i.e. NetSuite, SAP)
- Hands on experience on Integration Platforms such as Boomi, MuleSoft; AnyPoint, Pentaho, and Informatica
Founded in 2012, Peloton has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body.