Business Analyst, Enterprise at Meetup
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change Lives.
As Meetup transforms and converts the role of organizer into a gig economy job of the future, the Enterprise team is at the forefront of empowering organizers. The Enterprise team connects the thriving communities on Meetup with companies (e.g. brands, service providers, recruiters, etc) who wish to engage with them through a brand new sponsorship offering. Enterprise interviews both Organizers and potential sponsors to understand their wants, needs and interests so we can pair them together in a way that bring new forms of value to all.
Our NYC team is seeking a Business Analyst to support the growth and success of an exciting new business within Meetup.
Thousands of businesses currently organize Meetups, and many more ask how they can use the Meetup platform to connect with their fans and followers in real life. We need a self-starter who is willing to both lead and roll up their sleeves to bring the first sponsors onto this exciting program.
Reporting to the GM of Enterprise, the Business Analyst enables the Enterprise team to (1) make the most informed decisions possible, despite operating in a high degree of uncertainty and (2) help the team develop scalable processes as we grow.
What you’ll get to do in this role:
Figure it out mode (finding product market fit)
- Partner with GM and Enterprise team to develop a sponsorship model which will propel Meetup’s growth
- Own all quantitative data collection and analysis for information about existing Meetup users and sponsors to inform our new business model and be used in sales materials
- Partner with GM and the Enterprise team to figure out the best ways to identify, qualify, approve, onboard, and match organizers and sponsors for this sponsorship program
- Collaborate with data science team to identify high quality events and groups
- Develop a deep understanding of our unique value proposition and unfair competitive advantages
- Model out the unit economics for potential business models as we determine which of the offerings we’re developing gain traction.
- Develop a strategic playbook to grow supply by city, by vertical, and by use-case which considers passive (e.g. marketing to drive organizer applications) and active tactics (e.g. inside sales to acquire organizers)
- Collaborate with product and development teams on light development needs to improve efficiencies and add new elements of data collection about organizers and their members
- Ensure all internal product development has the data collection / tracking needed to measure results which prove or disprove our hypothesis
- Create a database of development items, experiments, and test results to ensure we are always learning from what we’ve launched
- Collaborate with other teams to create clear operational business documents mutually agreeable to sponsors, organizers and Meetup regarding deliverables, logistics, tracking, and quality control
Scaling mode (growing the business after product market fit is achieved)
- Partner with GM and team to figure out how to scale our sponsorship model
- Own the tracking, reporting of our business KPIs and their presentation to key stakeholders
- Partner with Account Managers (Organizer and Sponsor) to conduct customer research which informs communications, offerings, vetting procedures and tracking procedures to ensure that sponsorships are successful for sponsors, organizers, and Meetup
- Scope the business opportunity of potential scaling paths, and adjust as we learn more about which verticals, use cases and deal size materialize.
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape in the areas of talent acquisition events, event marketing, and experiential marketing to inform best practices on the offering for sponsors, organizers, and Meetup
- Create dynamic models which demonstrate the impact of changes to the major growth levers of the business
- Ensure all internal product development has the data collection / tracking needed to measure their impact
- Maintain a database of development items, experiments, and test results to ensure we are always learning from what we’ve launched
What success looks like for this role:
- Enabling the Enterprise Team to make the most informed decisions possible despite a high degree of uncertainty
- Empower the team with scalable processes as we grow
- Organizers and Sponsors renew their participation in this program
What makes you perfect for this role:
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative or business-oriented field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience working in analytical roles in business strategy, business intelligence, data analytics, or business operations
- Advanced experience with SQL
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; ability to analyze and interpret complex data and identify trends to optimize performance and inform future strategies
- Strong communication and presentation skills, and ability to influence and motivate team members at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a make-it-work attitude
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together IRL to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?