Business Analyst, Marketplace Innovation
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change Lives.
Our NYC team is seeking a Business Analyst on the Marketplace Innovation team to support the success of transformative growth initiatives for Meetup. This team identifies, experiments, de-risks and seeks to scale new business models and features that unlock growth for Meetup and maximize our impact on lives. Simply put, you will work on some of the most transformative, innovative initiatives at Meetup.
As the key analytics role on the team, you will be a critical thought partner to our GMs, product managers, designers, and senior leadership team by delivering actionable data insights to help make the most informed decisions possible, despite operating in a high degree of uncertainty.
As part of the broader Business Strategy team, you will also learn from existing business strategists and data scientists focused on building insight & data-informed decision making at Meetup. A strong candidate will have the opportunity to progress and grow into product, growth or data related roles.
This role reports to the General Manager of Marketplace Innovation team and works closely with broader team stakeholders.
- Lead data insights & analyses that inform strategic decisions related to product, design, marketing, and business decisions
- Opportunity-size potential product features and business models; help identify key hypotheses and testing plans; and design and analyze A/B tests to measure impact
- Proactively identify near-term and long-term opportunities for growth, improved user experience, and operating efficiency
- Synthesize data insights into clear, actionable recommendations for key stakeholders
- Help define, analyze, and measure key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Build, maintain and present regular reporting to communicate KPIs and usage trends to key stakeholders
- Support ad hoc analytical requests from key stakeholders to guide projects forward
- Manage implementation of data & event tracking in Looker and third parties (GA360) to enable accurate analyses
Skills & qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in analytical roles – analytics, insights, growth, marketing, business intelligence, or strategy / operations
- Advanced experience with SQL – you have deep comfort writing queries and manipulating large data sets to deliver business insights
- Highly analytical, with ability to analyze, interpret and present complex data in an easy to understand manner to team members at all levels
- Comfort with A/B testing methodologies and post-test analyses
- Familiar with Looker and Google Analytics
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- An entrepreneurial mindset and get-stuff-done attitude – you adapt quickly to new inputs and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and make progress with autonomy, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Inspired by our mission to empower personal growth through real human connection
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together IRL to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?