Business Analyst at Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them reach, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers and technologists. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
As a Business Analyst at Stack Overflow, you'll partner with leaders across Finance, Sales, Marketing, and Product to deliver key insights & analysis. The ideal candidate has worked within a rapidly growing SaaS organization, with a track record of collaborating with leaders to define and measure success. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of business intelligence tools and passion for data analytics, technology, and problem solving.
Who we’re looking for:
- You are a trusted partner. When someone comes to you with a data need, you ask what, how, when, and help them narrow in on their needs, present other ideas/areas for them to consider, and give them something actionable.
- You are a builder and automator. You know how to build tools and automations to make data easy to access and understand.
- Have experience working with leaders to create operational metrics and reporting for various groups within the company.
- You’re a team player with opinions on how a data team should operate within a hyper-growth environment.
- You’re a lifelong learner eager to try new tools, processes, and approaches.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with stakeholders across various departments, acting as a data-fluent consultant to define and measure success.
- Design, build, and maintain impactful dashboards & data visualizations that provide strategic insight on company performance
- Perform analyses to inform business recommendations for marketing, product, sales, customer success, and finance
- Work with engineering to integrate data collected from new tools into our schema
- Routinely audit and provide data governance around key metrics, executive dashboards, reporting content, and user permissions to ensure data quality is consistent
- Diagnose and troubleshoot data discrepancies and errors
- Develop ETL/ELT workflows and datasets from various sources
What you’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics with a focus on Product/Marketing/Sales Analytics, presenting to senior leadership, building ETL workflows, database management, BI Tools, and Reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, related quantitative discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- You have done and can do these things…
- Work cross functionally across teams to build trust with and influence your partners
- Manage your priorities and requests in a timely manner
- Think and act strategically
- Communicate effectively - you can adjust how you communicate depending on who you are speaking with and what you need to say
- Write up findings and present them to partners in a digestible, actionable way
- Technologies you’ve used: moderate-to-advanced SQL, BI/Data Visualization tools (Looker, Power BI, Tableau or similar), MS Excel, Salesforce.com, GSuite, ETL/ELT tools
Nice to have skills that will get you ahead:
- Additional technologies you’ve used: R, Python, Looker, Power BI, Google Data Studio, Cloud-Based Data Warehouses (Snowflake, Databricks), Big Query, Zuora, Intercom, Microsoft SQL Server, Google Cloud, Chargify, JIRA, GIT/GitHub, Google AppScript, Google Analytics
- Direct experience defining and tracking traditional SaaS metrics (MRR, NRR, CAC, etc.)
- Data governance best practices
- Experience implementing a Data Warehouse
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and paid sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- 401K match
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunches, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening voluntarily on September 6, 2021), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successfully completing a background check and having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.