We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
Grubhub is looking for an innately curious, data-driven Business Analyst to join our Growth team. This group is made up of two B2B/B2B2C departments: Campus and Corporate. The Campus team helps colleges, resorts, stadiums and more improve service and enhance operations by creating a branded space in the Grubhub app. By showcasing their on-premise restaurants in a digital environment, campuses can improve labor efficiency and elevate their guest experience. The Corporate team is responsible for connecting companies to their favorite local restaurants. With group ordering, catering and corporate-friendly features like budgets, rules and consolidated billing, feeding the office has never been easier.
In this role, you will use a deeply analytical approach to support projects such as expanding restaurant supply, enhancing the client experience, and optimizing strategic marketing campaigns and investments. To succeed you should approach work like an owner. You will be handed tough problems with limited context, and you'll be expected to ask smart questions and move things forward with little additional direction.
Some challenges you'll tackle:
- Leverage large, potentially messy data sets to derive insights which stakeholders across the company can leverage to capitalize on key areas of opportunity
- Identify trends and shifts in customer behavior related to the release of new programs and products, and make recommendations for improving retention
- Analyze performance of lifecycle marketing campaigns (acquisition, product marketing, CRM) to develop strategic insights informing marketing investments and optimizations
- Create reports and dashboards to inform and empower everyone on the team to make better decisions
- Drive ad-hoc analyses for cross-functional teams including Sales, Operations, Customer Success, Marketing, and Care
- Be curious! Find data nuggets, trends, and other analytical goodies that help us grow faster and generate more profit.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or analytical field
- 1-4 years of experience in an analytical role; start-up, e-commerce, or technology background a plus
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to dive deep, summarize, and communicate important data
- Ability to solve ambiguous problems and make sense of complex and interconnected systems
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skills (SQL, Excel, and Tableau)
- Track record of driving results on cross functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with ambitious goals
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated, and must be able to show proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination, and booster if eligible, prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine." Those eligible to receive the booster must receive the booster to be considered fully vaccinated, and those not yet eligible will be required to obtain the booster once eligible (6 months post last dose).
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]