Business Analyst at OwnBackup
Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 3,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $267.5 million in funding from Salesforce Ventures and others.
The Business Analyst will partner with the technology team, sales operations team, business leaders, and business process owners to help design and provide internal sales and customer systems and services. The role will assist with all operations related to reporting, analysis, process oversight and changes, BI, SFDC administration, data integrity, and project management. The Business Analyst will work cross-functionally with multiple departments including sales, marketing, finance, product development and IT, as well as partner with outside consultants.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Create and maintain process and training documentation, including but not limited to business process flows and wireframes
- Host requirements gathering sessions, write and groom user stories, identify and outline comprehensive acceptance criteria
- Train new and existing users and help grow the Salesforce.com skill set across the organization
- Facilitate the business operations/processes underlying current SFDC implementation and offer solutions to improve functionality, e.g., automations
- Data Quality and Continuity: work with various data groups to ensure quality data
- Quality check and proactively investigate
- Monitor system adoption and data compliance and governance
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to support ongoing strategic and tactical business initiatives
- 5+ years of Salesforce experience in a comparable role
- Experience with reporting tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Experience with work management tool such as Jira
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Ability to demo functionality with end user audience in mind
- Experience working in an agile environment strongly preferred
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with business.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% y/y growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective OwnBackup has 2k customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.