Business Analyst at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are excited to recruit a Business Analyst to join our digital, informatics and technology organization who will measure success on our high priority platforms supported by the Division of Health Informatics. DHI focuses on the interaction of people, processes, and technology enabling MSK to meet critical patient care and research objectives. Our division manages a suite of clinical information systems including the electronic health record, ancillary systems and other core components that enable decision support, health information exchange and knowledge management.
In this role, you will support RDO & MSK Direct:
Remote definitive opinion (RDO) is an initiative by MSK to bring MSK to the patient. It helps connect the patient to the provider at a time where traveling in person to MSK might be difficult. (RDO) seeks to improve the patient experience as well in terms of communicating with MSK by working with the MyMSK portal to enable easier access to MSK resources: Knowledge modules, Risk assessments, etc. It enables patients and external providers easy ways to upload documentation as well to speed up the process of getting a remote medical opinion. Longer term plans include using Machine Learning to anticipate the future patient journey to better align resources and support.
MSK Direct - Launched in 2016, MSK Direct creates a relationship between MSK and its employer partners, ensuring simplified, guided access to the benefits of cancer treatment at MSK for partner employees and their family members.
- Support agile team in translating end user requirements into set of user product criteria for technical development team & developing documentation
- Connect with team to confirm product commitments
- Conduct data analysis and research required for development team to make decisions
- Collaborate with team to understand, analyze, document, and communicate platform requirements
- Partner with key stakeholders to articulate and refine product vision throughout the iteration process
- Help design team in translating product needs/requirements into deliverable units of work
- Able to synthesize metrics such as: user satisfaction/adoption, quality of products delivered, time-to-market, timely delivery etc.
- Collaborates closely with agile teams to translate business requirements and operational metrics between user groups and developers
- Provide definitions for product criteria, readiness, completeness etc.
- 4+ years of experience in a healthcare setting in a role with business analysis; familiarity with data and topics such as Machine Learning/AI a strong plus
- Bachelor's degree in Health Informatics, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- SAFe certification or exposure to agile methodologies a strong plus
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with ability to synthesize user needs and pull insights out of data
- Excellent communicator able to negotiate with business to clarify needs vs. wants/likes to balance with development cost and risk
- Ability to break down and describe business needs into work supporting an iterative and incremental delivery model
- Credibility with both business leaders, product designers, & developers
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.