The Business Analytics Lead will be a founding member on Ribbon’s Strategy and Operations team, with a focus on providing insights through analytics and data. This person will be a business analytics partner to all teams at Ribbon by architecting solutions and reporting company-wide business metrics to enable meaningful, data-driven decisions.
This person should be able to quickly ramp up and own initiatives that help ensure the company meets ambitious OKRs that accelerate Ribbon’s mission. This person should be highly analytical, fluent in intelligence tools (e.g. Excel, SQL, Looker, Tableau), and an excellent data-driven storyteller, such that members of the leadership team feel comfortable relying on the output of his or her work to make critical growth and strategic decisions. Above all, this is an exciting opportunity to join an analytical and strategic team at a data-driven company that is working towards simplifying healthcare!
What we look for at Ribbon
- Passion and drive to simplify healthcare by building products that increase access to care and power every healthcare decision to be high-quality, cost-effective, and convenient
- Commitment to Ribbon company values, working on an exceptional team, and building an exceptional company
- Grit, hustle, desire, and a “get-it-done” attitude; strong comfort with a lean startup environment, where everyone is encouraged to participate in and contribute across all teams
- Dedication to the creation of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where teammates are celebrated for their unique perspectives and work together to simplify healthcare for all
What we're looking for in this role
- You’re someone who can translate the data challenges our teammates have into actionable insights via creative analysis.
- You love problem-solving in a fast-paced environment. You thrive collaborating with others to solve challenging problems and iterate quickly to a solution.
- You are an excellent communicator; you can align interests across a diverse set of stakeholders and wield influence with colleagues of all levels of the company.
- You demonstrate exceptional analytical acumen and have a proven track record of producing data-driven insights and recommendations to senior leadership.
- You’re an ambitious self-starter eager to build something from the ground up; you have a hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too big or too small’ attitude.
- You are someone that can be both strategic and tactical; you can easily move between the big picture and on the ground execution.
- Work with Ribbon's leadership team to develop consistent KPI definitions that measure the health of the business,
- Build and execute against a plan to track the above mentioned KPIs employing a data visualization tool,
- Drive Habits of Excellence around data integrity and build a common language across teams for critical data fields,
- Perform analyses that enable all functional teams to make strategic decisions, and
- Conduct independent investigations to identify operational inefficiencies, data quality issues, and behavioral trends.
How we live out our values for our teammates
Our goal is to make this the best career decision any of us have ever made. We stand by our values to make it happen.
Run Toward Hard Problems | We are motivated by the toughest challenges. We seek out hard problems that have the most impact and solve them to help those who need it most. We encourage our teammates to take ownership of outcomes that motivate them. Everyone at Ribbon has a say in our objective and key result (OKR) planning process for their teams and across teams.
Put Your Team First | We are a family. We are all happier and healthier when we take care of each other and put each other’s needs ahead of our own. We take care of you by offering fully covered insurance premiums on health, vision, and dental, a 401K plan match, and a flexible working policy that includes progressive family leave guidelines, flexible working schedules, and unlimited vacation.
Do What You Say | We are honest with each other. We are accountable to each other. When we commit to accomplishing our goals, we make it happen. Every team member has the opportunity to own high-impact work at Ribbon.
Stay Hungry, Keep Improving | We are humble. We will make mistakes, learn from those mistakes, and be better because of those mistakes. Here, feedback is a gift and mistakes are learning opportunities. We have a thoughtful culture that focuses on giving and receiving regular positive and constructive feedback to help us support each other and make each other better. Also, speaking of “hungry” we offer plenty of snacks, food, and coffee.
Practice Habits of Excellence | We measure our success by the process it took to get there. We will always do our very best and we are proud of the outcome because of it. At Ribbon, we focus on how we get things done by documenting and sharing our learnings, We are building the systems we need to scale our company and support our work for the long-term.
Build With Empathy | We are building the best healthcare experience for our users. When faced with a difficult decision, we do what’s best for people’s lives. This includes our team. Every Ribbon teammate shares working and lifestyle norms, and we hold each other accountable to respecting these norms so each person can balance work-life integration that works for them.
Ribbon Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, performance, and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]