IEX is looking for a driven, motivated candidate to join our Business Analytics team. You will have familiarity with the mechanics of electronic trading, U.S. equity market structure, and data analysis. You will demonstrate the composure and aptitude required to work effectively in a dynamic, high-pressure and fast-paced business environment.
This position is best suited for a highly collaborative, team-oriented individual who is passionate about electronic trading and working with data. You’ll work directly with IEX Member firms to expand access and understanding of the IEX market as well as cross functionally with IEX’s business development, product, technology, and regulatory teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superlative attention to detail
- Keen interest in data analysis and electronic trading
- Open-minded and able to quickly acquire new concepts and ideas
- Self-motivated and comfortable with independently driven work within the constructs of team orientated environment
- Availability and commitment to accommodate a flexible work schedule and an on-call environment
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Produce periodic reports & analyses on market structure trends both at the venue-level and market-wide
- Develop expertise with IEX technology systems, trading functionality, order types and market data
- Work with team members to present analyses to external clients and internal stakeholders
- Drive business by providing analytical insights to product development and business development teams
- Participation in general IEX product development and business development initiatives
- Collaborate with internal teams at IEX – including Technology Operations, Product Management, Development, Quality Assurance, Sales, Quantitative Research, Compliance, and Regulation
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-3 years’ experience on a trading electronic desk, direct product / quant exposure is a plus
- Familiarity with electronic trading, trading systems, and equity market structure
- Eagerness to work in a collaborative team environment where you can make a meaningful contribution with your work
- Experience working with complex data sets, scripting languages like kdb, SQL or Python
- Interested data visualization and analytics
- Ability to acquire Series 7, 57 and Series 63 certifications within 90 days of hiring
NICE TO HAVES:
- Electronic trading experience – You’ve spent time working with or trading with electronic trading algorithms. Familiarity with different ways of measuring execution quality at the parent order or venue level. Willing to be client-facing and partner with internal stake holders
- Knowledge of micro-market structure, order types, and order book behavior
- Data analysis experience – spent time with a query language like kdb+/q or a data science module like Pandas for Python. You enjoy spending time with large datasets and using your skills to create interesting views. Your code is performant, precise and clear.
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.