Business Development Analyst at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Our Lead acquisition team is searching for a Business Development Analyst who will work cross-functionally with our Sales, Marketing and Product teams to deliver against Acquisition and business KPIs. Better.com’s Acquisition team plays a critical function in our drive to grow market share by identifying new sources of liquidity, the relevant affiliate channels to acquire them, and managing our spend across those channels with hawkish attention to performance. Reporting to the Director of Lead Acquisition Growth, this hire will have a direct influence on our growth strategy, our bottom line, and our ability to continue evolving our customer experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing day-to-day relationships with affiliate partners to maintain expectations around business objectives and deliverables
- Creative prospecting, sourcing and development of new channels
- Close collaboration with our data team to support and update tracking/reporting
- Partnering with Product and Growth teams to test and optimize acquisition and engagement opportunities within the product experience
- Conducting various types of analysis to optimize performance and triage issues
- Collaborating with Marketing and Paid Media acquisitions teams to execute on and optimize Better’s holistic acquisitions strategy
- Ensuring the health of our Lead Acquisitions ecosystem
- You are analytically driven with a background in business analytics; SQL experience strongly preferred
- You have excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- You have a growth mindset and opt for action (through testing, for example) when it comes to driving growth.
- You are highly adaptable and are able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
- You have critical attention to detail and an ability to effectively balance big-picture strategic work with execution.
Bonus points for:
- Previous experience in start-up environments
- Previous finance or mortgage experience.
- Familiarity with tools across the marketing stack, such as: Segment, GA, Unbounce, etc.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.