Business Intelligence Analyst / Developer
Greater NYC Area
OkCupid is looking for a BI expert to contribute to our data-driven organization. We enjoy working on a product that helps millions of people find love and get a great sense of satisfaction in seeing our hard work make a difference. If that’s the kind of thing that appeals to you, you’re probably a good fit for OkCupid!
In this role, you will:
- Design and create reports, dashboards and visualizations that business owners can rely on to drive business processes
- Create ETL processes to empower analytics across the organization
- Prepare trend analysis and investigative reporting for product owners and senior management
- Help us better understand the business of love!
We’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience using SQL with any database, preferably in a “big” data context.
- 3+ years of experience with at least one BI Tool (Looker, Tableau, Power BI, etc)
- Python fluency, especially with numerical computing tools (numpy, scipy, pandas, etc)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to turn unstructured problems into easily digestible analysis and conclusions
- A working knowledge of data warehousing concepts and ETL fundamentals.
We’d love to see:
- Bachelor’s or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering related field
- Experience working with a customer facing product
- A track record of building Business Intelligence workflows for consumption by internal stakeholders.
What are some perks?
- Competitive salary and full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Workstation and tools of your choice
- Paid attendance to conferences
- Daily complimentary catered lunch from some of NYC’s top restaurants, and an endless supply of snacks and drinks
- Company funded happy hours/events
- Discounted membership to some amazing NYC facilities including Chelsea Piers Gym
- Generous maternity and/or paternity leave and contributions towards fertility preservation
- A sunny office full of incredibly curious and friendly people
OkCupid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.
Read Full Job Description