Business Intelligence Analyst (Open Level - Analyst/Senior) at TrialSpark
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. And the problem is only getting worse.
The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for building data and operational models as well as analyzing and reporting on metrics (KPIs, OKRs) that enable various TrialSpark teams to better understand business performance and to make better decisions.
You should be able to demonstrate a willingness to work in a fast-paced and evolving environment while balancing competing projects with time pressures. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with cross functional stakeholders is key. You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical experience with SQL, and an ability to create and manage complex operational models in Excel / Sheets.
You will be the 2nd hire on TrialSpark's Business Intelligence team and will have a broad portfolio of projects and responsibilities.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Partnering with operational stakeholders to create, define, analyze and report on business health via Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
- Providing analysis, insights and recommendations to Operations Leadership to inform business decisions that enable TrialSpark to operate faster and more efficiently
- Using our Business Intelligence dashboarding tool, Looker, to convey information to operational stakeholders, that is both useful and actionable. This includes building and automating as well as improving existing dashboards
- Building and refining elements of Salesforce and working closely with the Engineering, Product, Sales and Site Identification teams to create functionality that informs and improves our processes
- Partnering closely with the other Analysts, Engineers and Product Managers to create and help scope projects that require deep technical model building
- Tools that you’ll be working with include: Google Sheets / Microsoft Excel, Looker, Salesforce, dbt and SQL
Required education and experience
- At least 3 years of analytical experience (data analyst, financial analyst, consulting, business strategy and operations). This is an open level role. Title will be commensurate with experience.
- At least 2 years experience building and improving datasets and models using Google Sheets / Microsoft Excel and SQL
- At least 2 years experience with Business Intelligence Tools (Looker, Tableau)
- Basic understanding of Salesforce. Bonus if you have experience as an administrator or managing a Salesforce administrator
- Excellent communication, organizational and prioritization skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with various cross functional stakeholders on tight and fluid timeliness
- Strong analytical mindset. You know that data should be leveraged to make the best business decisions possible
- Ability to operate independently, identify and surface problems and devise solutions
- You’re curious, empathetic, humble and act like an owner. You consistently follow-up on tasks and aren’t afraid to track down people to help solve problems
- Healthcare experience is a plus but not required
- Experience with dbt or other transformation tools is a plus but not required
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.