Business Intelligence Analyst at Squarespace
The Squarespace Finance Team manages Financial Planning, Accounting, and Analysis of our financial performance. We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to support the Finance Team’s analytical efforts in driving Squarespace’s financial success.
In this role, you will leverage your technical and analytical skillset to create data sets, design analyses and partner with the FP&A and Accounting teams to answer complex questions about the company’s financial and operational performance. You will be asked to manage individual projects and team projects with people across the Squarespace organization. You relish opportunities to evaluate existing workstreams and find ways to remove pain points and inefficiencies. You are excited to work in a new area of a business shaping its success.
You will be expected to be a member of the FP&A team, asking a lot of questions to learn on the job and grow along with the company. You will report to the Business Intelligence Lead, Finance in our New York headquarters.
- Become an expert in Squarespace’s financial data landscape; leverage that knowledge to improve reporting processes, usage and efficacy
- Build and manage implementation and documentation of data pipelines, dashboards and reports with full accuracy to enhance performance visibility and provide strategic business insight
- Collaborate with FP&A to proactively identify business patterns through quantitative data analysis
- Ensure departmental accessibility to accurate and complete data sets required for key revenue recognition, accounting and company reporting processes
- Partner cross-functionally to document, streamline and automate reporting processes
- Provide data and analysis to answer complex ad hoc questions
- 3+ years of experience working with complex datasets to evaluate business and financial performance.
- 1+ year of experience in or supporting a Finance, Business Operations, Sales Support Operations, or relevant operational support roles with at least basic knowledge of key FP&A and Accounting processes
- Advanced Excel/google sheets skills including pivots, vlookups, ability to build complex formulas
- Mastery of SQL and experience with BI reporting (i.e. Looker, Tableau, Chart.io) and databases (dimensional and relational), including data ingestion.
- Python knowledge preferred
- Familiarity with writing custom ETL solutions preferred
- Experience transforming large datasets into consumable insights
- Experience streamlining reporting processes by reducing manual processes and increasing accuracy
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.