Transfix, named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Startups" in 2018, is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Join us, and leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will dig deep into our data and create reports and insights used by people across all functions at Transfix. You will be able to expand your knowledge in data and data infrastructure to help shape our data processes. Data touches every initiative we're driving forward including pricing, routing, and optimizing performance to name a few. We’re currently living in AWS, Snowflake DB, and Looker.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Use our data to identify industry trends and business optimization initiatives.
- Drive strategic analyses and report on KPIs.
- Partner with stakeholders across the company to generate ad hoc business insights.
- Collaborate with Data Engineering to support our analytics platform (Snowflake DB, Looker) and data-centric company initiatives.
- Develop processes to routinely test and ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Maintain a shared analytics codebase in Github and command-line tools.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a STEM or quantitative field.
- You are fluent in SQL and Excel.
- You have worked in Looker, Tableau, or other visualization platforms.
- You enjoy collaborating with people from diverse functions.
- You are diligent and disciplined when it comes to testing and validation of report accuracy and underlying data.
- You have a great eye for engaging dashboard presentations.
- You are innately inquisitive about how you can manipulate data to make it digestible.
- You strive to improve solutions through iteration and communication.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description