Business Intelligence Analyst at LeafLink
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry's largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 3,400 retailers and more than 1,200 brands across 22 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2019', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!The Role
As the Business Intelligence Analyst, you will help to drive operational efficiency and improve business outcomes through actionable, insightful data analysis and visualization. You will own our internal reporting by maintaining our existing KPI reports and dashboards, but also building on them to surface new insights and drive improved company performance. You will work with key department stakeholders to understand business needs, gather requirements, and build reports and dashboards to power their daily decision-making.Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive their data strategy, including managing KPIs and metrics, deep dive analyses to identify underlying causes, and building projections.
- Maintain our dashboards, ensuring they are up-to-date, accurate, and are a fair representation of our performance.
- As we grow, write queries and code to extract data from various sources, all while automating and streamlining analytics processes for optimized efficiency.
- Help ensure that data is accurate and consistent throughout the organization.
- Train teams on how to leverage our data tools for accurate reporting and analysis.
- Work with engineering teams in tracking events that are critical to measuring company performance.
- Clearly communicate your findings to a range of stakeholders to inform and educate them.
- 3+ years experience working with large data sets to extract and surface actionable findings.
- Degree in engineering, science, statistics, economics, finance or related technical field.
- Previous work history in e-commerce or SaaS.
- Experience communicating to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven track record of forming and executing on high-level business strategy.
- High level of proficiency with SQL and Excel.
- Experience with data modeling in Periscope, Domo, Tableau, Looker or other data visualization tools.
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python or R a plus.
- Experience working with eventstream data (Mixepanel, Kissmetrics, Google Analytics).
- Experience working with Engineering to move data between systems and ensure necessary data is being captured.
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git).
- Generous PTO
- Fun office environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefit Matching (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k Offered
- Stock options
- Team events
- New office in FiDi