Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 700 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team:
Data is core to our growing business and has been ingrained in the company's DNA since its founding. The Operations Analytics team arms our warehouse, transportation, and customer service managers with data to measure performance and insights to drive continuous improvements. The team is responsible for data model management, defining and analyzing performance metrics, building reports, running experiments, and developing statistical models.
About the Job:
RTR’s complex operation generates billions of records, representing inventory movements, machine metadata, labor actions, and customer touch points. We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to develop and manage the crucial data models that describe our supply chain and warehouse operation. In this role, you will create rich reporting and data visualizations that enable functional leaders to quickly digest information and make decisions. You will partner with data scientists on the Operations Analytics team to define KPIs and set attainable, stretch goals that drive continuous improvement in the operation.
What You’ll Do:
- Embed with operations managers to identify and understand data visibility gaps
- Work with product and engineering to ensure we collect data required to support operations business areas
- Create scalable, reusable datasets with appropriate architecture
- Build dashboards to showcase and disseminate key insights throughout organization
- Define and monitor KPIs in collaboration with the operation and data science
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Technology, Business or related fields; advanced degrees and/or specializations a plus
- 1-3+ years of hands-on experience with big data; high proficiency using relational databases and writing queries in SQL (experience with dimension modeling is a plus!)
- Experience with warehouse operation, transportation and/or eCommerce data is highly preferred
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau or Looker
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide-range of audiences
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new tools/software
- Passion for data and its fundamental ability to create value
- Extremely curious and excited to dive into complex problems in supply chain and operations
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.