Business Intelligence & Analytics Manager
We’re looking for an BI & Analytics Manager to design and implement the next chapter in Namely’s data strategy. You’ll help us organize the data we have today, but you’ll also create a roadmap to augment our data over time based on the needs of our business. You’ll be capable of understanding the underlying problems we’re trying to solve, thinking creatively of the most insightful ways to solve them using analytics, and deliver the recommendation in neat, comprehensible package. Further, you’ll develop a vision for analytics at Namely that makes us a leader crafting the future of HR—and work.
The ideal candidate has not only hands-on experience analyzing large-scale data sets but also demonstrated examples of translating data analyses into strategies that have driven transformational business outcomes. We’re looking for a leader who thinks strategically, thrives on data, works well through ambiguity, and is willing to dive into the details to execute.
- Develop a vision for how data should drive better decisions in the workplace and empower everyone: companies, HR professionals, and employees alike
- Identify Namely’s most important business metrics and develop the infrastructure to report on them in real-time through a BI platform
- Show a strong ability to perform exploratory data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, identify patterns, and communicate findings via compelling visualizations
- Collaborate on a roadmap to augment the data we collect, how we organize it, and how we use it
- Leverage Namely’s unique data set to perform innovative analyses that bring that vision to life in the near term
- Launch analytics as a service for clients. Collect feedback, iterate, and develop a roadmap for the offering in the future
- Act as a thought partner across Namely’s business, especially with our product and people ops team, to integrate data and analytics into everything we do as a business
- 5+ years analytics experience
- Strong ability to tell a story using data that drives a business outcome
- Business acumen and interpersonal skills to develop cross-functional relationships and work directly with clients
- Leadership skills to build a new function in a fast-paced high-growth environment
- Experience working directly with structured and unstructured database technologies
- Experience with statistical software such as R, Python, SAS, or SPSS
- Experience implementing and enabling the business with BI tools like Looker, Tableau, etc.
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.