Business Intelligence (BI) Developer at Crossix
Business (BI) Intelligence Developer
What You'll Do
Crossix is seeking an analytical and collaborative Business Intelligence (BI) Developer to join our Analytics Products Team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a quickly growing team and own all layers of the BI system. As Crossix’s business grows it will be crucial to enforce standards on managing internal/external data needed to generate key operational and business insights. This position will be a critical component of internal operations and will be a key interface with other business segments, to ensure general management, and enforcement of best practices for BI related activities.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical specifications and deliverables
- Develop, and integrate, extract, transform and load (ETL) processes to ensure standardized data sets that can be effectively used for business intelligence reporting
- Work with the Engineering Team to allocate databases and data warehouses for storing data elements and relationships in efficient structures
- Understand business objectives in order to provide useful metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) for various use cases
- Generate dashboards and reporting tools for end users that can provide key insights for solving problems or tracking performance
- Establish monitoring tools and troubleshoot bugs that emerge during the BI process
- Manage BI administrative responsibilities (library administration, permissions & security, subscription allocation, user activity logs, etc.)
- Assist with BI development strategies and knowledge transfer to other business segments
What You've Done
- College degree in math, computer science, systems engineering or a similar technical field
- 2-3 years of direct experience working as a BI Developer or related role
- Experience working with Tibco BI products and services
- Proven understanding of metrics that are useful for business and operational intelligence (leading & lagging indicators, KPIs, success metrics, system performance, SLAs, etc.)
- Experience building wireframes, process flows and ERD maps related to the BI process
- Comfortable working with big data and being able to leverage data to tell a story
- Fluent in querying relational and object-oriented databases (MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Extreme attention to detail and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Familiar with various methods of data sourcing/acquisition (SFTP, APIs’, Application Endpoints, etc.)
- Hands-on experience of AWS technologies – primarily Redshift, RDS (Aurora MySQL), S3, Lambda, Glue, CloudWatch & CloudFront
- Practical professional experience as a Business Analyst or Product Owner/Manager
About the Team – Crossix is the market leader in delivering hard-to-come-by insights that enable healthcare marketers to plan, measure, and optimize their marketing campaigns with confidence. Using our own proprietary technology and network of health and non-health data, our analyses pinpoint the tactics, programs, and channels that improve performance and boost sales, enabling better healthcare communications. And we do it all while protecting consumer privacy.
Leadership – With decades of combined experience and an unrivaled track record of healthcare innovation, our leadership team sets the standard for us. Their knowledge and expertise continually challenge us and the industry – through their work, their speaking engagements at conferences and their thought leadership published in the top industry publications.
Culture – We know that our employees set us apart. Along with competitive salaries and benefits, we invest in creating compelling opportunities for professional development and career growth. We also believe that diversity is essential to building an environment where everyone can feel they belong. We’re continuously building an inclusive company where everyone feels welcome and heard. Come join our rapidly growing team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.