Business Intelligence Engineer
Business Intelligence Engineer
WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
At WW, the Customer Intelligence Engineering team's mission is to provides data that is accurate, congruent, reliable and easily accessible. As a Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer on this team, you will work closely with business users and analysts to turn data into critical information, knowledge, and insights that can be used to make sound business decisions. You will play a key role in building up our BigQuery data warehouse and Looker platform for data insights, analytics and reporting. You will also play a key role in improving our Data Quality, Data Governance and helping to bring all the benefits of our Data Lake to our business community.
BI engineers educate and train customers to use the data as an analytical tool, displaying the information in a form and manner fit for the purpose of analysis and exploring options. The BI Engineer is responsible for the full life cycle development, implementation, production support, and performance-tuning of the BigQuery Data Warehouse, Data Marts, and Business Intelligence Reporting environments, as well as supporting the integration of those systems with other applications. They design and implement reporting and analytical solutions, including both the design of table structures and the processes used to populate those structures with data from internal and external sources. The data they provide helps business teams drive improvement in key business metrics, customer experience, and business results. BI Engineers also interact with engineering teams, project managers, internal and external customers, senior management, and external vendors.
A BI Engineer understands how data is turned into information and knowledge and how the knowledge supports and enables key business processes. They must have an in-depth understanding of the business environment and strong analytical and communication skills. Individuals must work well within a team environment.
- Designing, developing and maintaining BI solutions using Google BigQuery and Looker
- Build up Looker platform for global reporting and dashboarding
- Data modeling
- Managing data quality
- Forensic analysis
- Support and train users and analysts using dimensional model.
- Crafting and executing queries upon request for data
- Presenting information through reports and visualization
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Transition our legacy reporting platforms to the Data Lake, BigQuery and Looker
- Create tools to store data (e.g. Google BigQuery)
- Conduct unit testing, integration testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Collaborate closely with Data Engineering and Product Development teams to integrate systems
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- 3-5 years' experience
- Proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist
- Industry experience is preferred
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling, star schemas) and data mining
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Google BigQuery, Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI)
- Expert SQL development skills, preferably in Google BigQuery
- Report writing experience in tools like SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- ETL development experience in tools like SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Talend, Pentaho, etc.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.