TrialSpark is a technology-driven drug development company that runs end-to-end clinical trials, focused on bringing new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. To combat this industry problem, TrialSpark has built a technology platform that optimizes all aspects of a clinical trial, enabling more efficient trial design, faster trial completion, and higher trial data quality.
TrialSpark recently raised their Series C, and is putting the capital to work by in-licensing and co-developing drug programs through in-house development, joint ventures, and NewCos. Together with doctors, patients, and communities, TrialSpark is working to develop the treatments of tomorrow.
About the Position
TrialSpark is looking for a Business Intelligence Manager. TrialSpark’s BI team is responsible for synthesizing, analyzing and visualizing critical Operational data ensuring teams can make the best decisions. The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable serving as both a player and a coach. We are looking for someone who has a data driven mindset and is able to blend business knowledge with analytical tools and frameworks to report on operational trends. You are excited to conduct deep analysis and build company dashboards and equally excited to zoom out, coach, mentor and define the team roadmap.
You are a self-serve player-coach; able to take broad business questions, gather appropriate stakeholders and data, quickly isolate and model key insights, visualize results and effectively communicate actionable recommendations. You should be able to demonstrate a willingness to work in a dynamic environment while balancing competing projects. You are able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with cross functional stakeholders. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical experience and an ability to create and manage complex operational models in a variety of tools.
You will be managing a team of analysts and will have the opportunity to drive the expansion of the Business Intelligence function at TrialSpark.
- Overseeing and implementing the Business Intelligence roadmap, in collaboration with Analytics Engineering, Operations and Product teams
- Establishing new and improving existing team processes to ensure the team execution is high quality and the operating cadence is fast
- Translating annual company and project specific goals into quarterly, monthly and weekly projects with specific analytical requirements
- Coaching, performance managing and career development of the team you manage
- Recruiting, interviewing and onboarding new members to the BI team
- Providing analysis, insights and recommendations to Operations Leadership to inform business decisions that enable TrialSpark to operate faster and more efficiently
- Partnering with operational stakeholders to create, define, analyze and report on business health via Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
- Using our Business Intelligence tool, Looker, to convey information to operational stakeholders, that is both useful and actionable. This includes building and automating as well as improving existing dashboards
- Partnering closely with the other Analysts, Engineers and Product Managers to create and help scope projects that require deep technical model building
- Tools that you’ll be working with include: SQL, Looker, dbt, Google Sheets / Microsoft Excel, R and Python
- Deep analytical experience (data analyst, financial analyst, consulting, business strategy and operations) including close partnership with Operations and Product teams
- Experience building and improving datasets and models using Google Sheets / Microsoft Excel and SQL and using Business Intelligence Tools
- People management experience plus a demonstrated desire to mentor, coach and develop careers
- Excellent communication, organizational and prioritization skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with various cross functional stakeholders on tight and fluid timeliness
- Strong analytical mindset. You know that data should be leveraged to make the best business decisions possible
- Ability to operate independently, identify and surface problems and devise solutions
- You’re curious, empathetic, humble and act like an owner
- Healthcare experience is a plus but not required
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.