Business Intelligence Systems Lead at Squarespace
We’re looking for a Business Intelligence Systems Lead who is passionate about crafting quality datasets and implementing business intelligence solutions. You will be joining an Analytics team which partners across the company, from Product and Marketing, to Growth and Customer Operations, to inform and guide decision making and strategy.
You are focused on impact and have expertise in designing, executing, and maintaining business intelligence and data-centric tooling in dynamic, product-focused organizations. In this role we expect you to take ownership of existing reporting tools and underlying data modeling. You will work with partners across the company to remove bottlenecks for data access by selecting, establishing, and evangelizing self-service tools across the org. You will set the direction to scale our analytics data infrastructure that enables both technical and non-technical partners to draw insights on current performance and make recommendations for improvements.
You should demonstrate a collaborative work ethic, think in terms of solutions instead of tools, and take pride in elegant work products. You will work within the Analytics department and reporting to the Manager of Data Science Operations in Squarespace’s New York offices.
- Architect and build efficient business data models, optimize technical performance of key ETLs, and troubleshoot issues
- Write, QA and maintain/update SQL logic generating core data tables of Squarespace’s analytics databases, powering all business intelligence tooling
- Work with the engineering team and vendors to implement ETL pipelines and data infrastructure improvements to meet our needs
- Use business intelligence tools to create and manage reports, dashboards, and data sources that are critical for deriving insights about the business
- Create and guide reporting best practices to ensure data and key metric standardization across the company
- Promote business intelligence tooling and data, including documentation, assistance, and conducting training and onboarding
- Collaborate with product and data owners to successfully implement and maintain corporate business intelligence and analytics platforms and tools
- Monitor and evaluate the latest analytics technologies
- 5 or more years of experience in consumer technology focused on analytics architecture, data modeling, and dashboarding
- Expertise in establishing self-service BI solutions
- Expertise in data-centric project management, from planning to execution
- Deep experience managing and configuring reporting platforms like Chartio, Looker, Tableau, etc.
- Experience developing data models and databases at a nascent or scaling business
- Strong competency with SQL
- Exposure to scripting languages (Python preferred)
- Familiarity with Postgres databases, Presto query engine, Airflow, and ETL pipeline design a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 950 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.