ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money is a financial technology company on a mission to develop and deliver affordable and accessible financial tools and services that empower people to use money as a tool for their happiness. Members benefit from loans funded by a national network of customer-focused lending partners and designed to help them accomplish their goals.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, FirstMark Capital, and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped over 208,000 members since inception – working with lending partners to fund over $3.7 billion in loans*. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has a passionate and purpose-driven employee base of over 400 people across the United States. For more information, please visit happymoney.com.
*As of 12/31/2021
ABOUT THE ROLE
Happy Money is looking for a world-class operations analyst to be a key player in the Happy Money Movement. This role will be responsible for partner reporting related to loan portfolios, ensuring the accuracy of data by validating files and reports, and reconciling payment accounts. We’re looking for someone with strong attention to detail, great communication skills, and exceptional problem-solving skills. This hire will be a key component of the day-to-day business operations at Happy Money.
This is a 100% remote role
WHAT YOU'LL DO IN THIS ROLE
- Reporting on loan origination and servicing activities, including: Investor reporting related to loan operations + Maintenance and development of reports
- Coordinate projects between internal departments (Development, Accounting and Finance, Member Experience)
- Point of contact for external vendors (banks, custodians, administrators)Focus on continuous process improvement through automation and increased efficiency
- Track and ensure the accuracy of loan servicing reports and files
- Reconcile bank accounts daily
- Track and validate the remittance of funds between Happy Money and our vendors
- Communicate with banks to understand posting discrepancies
- Investigate and identify issues as they arise; work with internal departments to identify the root cause
- 2+ years in an Accounting, Finance, Analytics, or Vendor/Investor reporting role
- Strong attention to detail
- Critical thinker with the skills and ability to improve processes
- Problem solver with laser-like focus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Savvy working with multiple IT interfaces
- Have moderate Excel knowledge
- Experience using SQL
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration) or equivalent work experience
- Consumer Loan/Financial Services experience
- Knowledge in programming languages such as R or Python
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!