Business Operations Analyst at Dailymotion
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, including CBS, CNN, Fox Sports, GQ, Mashable, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 4 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
On the AdTech side, Dailymotion has launched its private video Ad Exchange in order to gain better control of their monetization value chain and deliver a premium advertising experience. Since then, it has been reinforcing its capabilities to keep up with the fast market changes, both in terms of technology and market requirements.Job Description
Within the Dailymotion’s AdTech department, we are looking for someone to join the Business Operations & Analytics team, based in NYC. The team’s mission is to drive growth, deliver insights & scale efficiency for the AdTech, Sales & Content tribes.
As Business Operations Analyst, you will act as a true internal consultant, support and actively contribute to the success of one or several business teams (Sales, Customer Success, Partnerships…).
With revenue growth as your first priority, you will have 2 roles in support these teams.
1. Business Analyst: provide relevant and actionable insights, drive better business understanding and help teams make data-driven decisions
2. Project Manager: identify pain points, implement your recommendations concretely and drive efficiency, by providing both strategic thinking and structured project management capabilities.
Your main responsibilities will include:
· Deliver analytics deliverables, maintaining very high standards on both the substance and the format
o Relevant, insightful and beautiful reports, actionable analysis and recommendations
o Tools, processes and best practices, to improve data access and usage for everyone
· Become a key point of contact between the team you support & our Data Engineers
o Excellent knowledge of our data infrastructure, tools and processes (including SQL)
o Centralization of the Department’s new data needs
· Own and understand our business
o Great knowledge of our business metrics and performance indicators
o Strong understanding of key factors of success/failure of the different teams
· Contribute to fully align the different teams and promote knowledge sharing
o Preparation of a Monthly Business Meeting to share past performance and align the different teams’ priorities
o Contribution to various key deliverables, both recurrent (incl. ExCom and All Hands presentations) and punctual (knowledge sharing tools and best practices)
· Participate in various strategic taskforces within the Department
o Strategy formalization and synthesis with the Directors and VPs (incl. our Sales strategy)
o Project management and coordination to implement these strategies, transforming our daily processes
o Support on Sales operations to help the Sales teams gain efficiency (tools, best practices, sales process…)
· Build models & decision tools
o Ad-hoc models to forecast different operational scenarios and impacts on our revenue (incl. contributions to the global Budget)
What’s in it for you?
· You will have the opportunity to join Dailymotion during a key period of growth and development, with multiple key projects being launched from the ground-up to achieve very ambitious goals over the next few years
· You will join a young and growing team with many processes to improve and projects to implement, with the opportunity to play a key role and bring new ideas to the table
· You will play a central role within the AdTech Department, providing project management and analytics services to bring value to the Department
· You will work in relationship with top management, including the C-level, VPs and team leads
· You will learn to set and maintain very high standards and great attention to details, developing the full consultant skill set
· You will strongly develop both your hard and soft skills, including:
o Data analysis, data modelling, data visualization
o Synthesis and communication skills
o Project management capabilities
o SQL, Tableau and Excel skills
o Direct and indirect management
· All in all, you will gain a great understanding of the key business factors of successes of a large, international tech companyQualifications
· Master’s degree from a Top Business or Engineering University in finance, strategy, economics, applied mathematics or any other quantitative field
· 3 to 5 years of experience in a strategy consulting firm, investment bank, or a renowned tech start-up at a consultant, operations, business development or business analytics position
· Great rigour, structured approach to problem-solving and very strong attention to details
· Amazing ability to synthesize complex subjects into a couple of key comprehensive messages
· Communication and good ability to cooperate efficiently with people from different backgrounds (tech, content, sales, finance) and seniorities (from operational to C-level)
· Highly proficient on Excel (ability to build and maintain complex modelling) and PowerPoint
· Creative and entrepreneurial skills, highly autonomous and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Previous experience with SQL and Tableau is a big plus
· Knowledge and great motivation for the Digital / Technology / AdTech industries
· Fluent English (written and oral)Additional Information
Location: New York
Type of contract: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
• Flexible time off, vacation, holidays, sick-leave so you can take time off when you need to
• Fitness club membership to NY Health & Racquet Club
• 100% healthcare coverage starting on day 1
• Commuter benefits
• 401k Contribution
• Paid parental leave
• Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks and drinks
If you want to explore Dailymotion culture a little further please check out:
1./ Our BuiltIn page: https://www.builtinnyc.com/company/dailymotion
2./ Our Recent Global Hackathon: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x70val9
3./ Welcome to the Jungle page: https://www.welcometothejungle.co/companies/dailymotion/team
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.