Business Operations Analyst at Peloton
BUSINESS OPERATIONS ANALYST - FIELD OPERATIONS
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.
Peloton is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to support our Business Operations team. The role involves developing insights to inform delivery strategy and process improvement opportunities - providing senior leadership with the ability to make effective data driven decisions. You will work cross-functionally with other teams at Peloton including IT, Business Intelligence, Continuous Improvement; building models and dashboards to understand current performance and trends. You will work closely with Field Operations functional owners to ensure we are measuring things the ‘right’ way and that we have the data necessary to report on performance as we grow and further scale. The ideal candidate possesses a strong analytical toolset, has a passion for difficult challenges and a willingness to prototype and rapidly iterate, working with cross-functional teams to drive meaningful impact to the business.
- Identify KPIs for the Business Operations team that align to our key business objectives by analyzing operational and financial data
- Conceptualize and build centralized tools (including dashboards) that the team can use to extract data/insights for daily business management in an automated manner
- Use data to help Peloton drive continuous improvement into processes and procedures
- Identify opportunities to promote self-sufficiency of Field Operations teams through the use of data
- Work with counterpart on the Continuous Improvement team to create a holistic approach to data across Field Operations
- Create reports/presentations for internal teams and collaborate with team members to collect and analyze data
- Use graphs, infographics and other methods to visualize data
- Structure large data sets to find usable information
- Remain flexible and be comfortable with change as our business continues to evolve
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Accounting, Finance or a STEM field.
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Fluency in SQL or other programming languages. Some development experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- High level of proficiency in Excel and Working knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Demonstrated evidence of aptitude, skills, and passion for our team and company success
- Able to troubleshoot challenges to determine the root cause
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Energetic team player with excellent written, verbal, and conceptual skills
- Willingness to learn fast with a "roll-up-the-sleeves" and "get the job done" attitude
- Comfortable learning new software systems