We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
At Datadog, we work at lightning speed. So when things get in the way of progress, the Business Systems team steps in to remove those roadblocks. The new and growing Business Systems team works with cross-functional stakeholders to identify time-consuming processes and develop technical solutions that are secure, efficient, reliable and scalable. The Business Systems team helps Datadog work faster and allow subject-matter experts to spend more time on value-add activities and less time on manual processes.
We are looking for a Business Systems Analyst who is excited about helping business units solve business problems through automated systems. You will work cross-functionally (e.g., with Finance, HR, Sales) to identify gaps and provide technical expertise in scaling systems, processes and procedures in a cost effective manner. You will also help ensure proper role-based access and security controls are in place and that application licenses are being efficiently utilized.
- Partner with teams to provide technical expertise in the selection of new systems that align with Datadog’s overall systems architecture strategy
- Build and maintain system integrations to automate and scale business systems
- Learn how business systems currently function and how they are used within Datadog. Use this knowledge to identify technical and functional gaps and areas for improvement.
- Periodically audit user access levels and license usage to improve application security and control SaaS spend.
- Collaborate with the Security, Governance, Risk & Compliance teams to ensure business systems adhere to Datadog security and compliance standards (eg. GDPR, SOX)
- Create and maintain internal documentation and processes
- Plan, prioritize, and deliver system enhancements; executing unit, integration and acceptance testing to meet business requirements.
- Assist with release testing for major version upgrades
- Unrelenting intellectual curiosity
- Strong problem solving & technical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to communicate technical solutions to non-technical end-users.
- 2+ years leading small to medium sized projects from requirements gathering to go-live.
- Demonstrated ability to concurrently manage multiple projects.
- 2+ years as a business system administrator (preferably Salesforce, Netsuite, or Workday)
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment, and are comfortable operating within the ambiguity that comes with that
- You’ve integrated business systems using middleware (e.g., Workato, Mulesoft, Boomi, Zapier)
- Prior experience with data privacy and security
- You can write basic scripts to automate tasks
- You have experience working with Sales, Finance, and HR
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule (“EPT”)
At Datadog, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including your work history and professional experience. These considerations potentially can cause your compensation to vary. The Team Lead, Business Systems has an annual starting salary of $65,000.00, and a competitive equity package. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of employee benefits. To learn more about Benefits click here.
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.